From the top Makeup Artists to popular Beauty Gurus, in the last 3-4 years, the whole tribe in the glam world has been going crazy about contouring trend!
If you don’t already know – Contouring is a makeup technique which accentuates the natural lines of the face. One can get perfectly sculpted cheeks and jawline using the right contouring techniques and contouring products. In this post, I am going to chart out some of the top affordable contouring products in India for 2019. With these inexpensive contouring products, you too can have Kim-K like chiseled face! Let’s get started with the post.
Top 3 Contouring Products For Indian Skin [Editor’s Quick Picks From The List]
Best Powder Contour Kits In India [Best Contour Palettes In India 2019, Single, Duos & Highlighting Palettes Included!]
1. Smashbox The Cali Contour Palette
If you want to invest your money in a high-quality and a high-end brand’s contouring product, then it has to be this Smashbox The Cali palette!
This luxurious contouring palette has 3 matte contouring shades, 2 pearlescent ones to bronze and brighten up your skin as well as a peachy-mauve matte blush to add a flush of colour to your cheeks. All the shades are versatile and amazingly pigmented. This can work as an all-in-one kit for you. When you are in a rush to get ready and get going, you can use the contouring shade and blush shade to create a subtle eye makeup look too!
- Comes in beautiful and luxurious packaging.
- Contains versatile shades for contouring, bronzing, highlighting and blush. With this palette, you wouldn’t have to buy or carry separate products for doing your face makeup.
- None – other than its expensive price tag. It is more on the expensive side as it is a high-end brand’s product.
2. NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
This NYX palette offers 8 shades suitable for highlighting and contouring. It has a yellow toned powder that works awesomely well as a setting powder for Indian skin. The other lighter shades in the palette can be used to highlight your face sans the shimmery or glittery look of highlighters.
- The shades in the palette are apt for Indian skintones.
- It is a refillable palette which means, if you ever run out of a particular shade, you can buy a refill pan.
- Comes with a nice yellow-toned setting powder.
- It is a bit expensive, considering the fact that NYX is a drugstore brand.
3. Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette
Makeup Revolution has a handful of contouring products in their collection, available in mostly all forms (i.e. cream, powder, stick, etc). This Ultra Contour palette is one of the best selling contouring product from the brand. It has a total of 8 shades out of which, 5 are highlighting shades and the other 3 are contouring shades that would suit on all skin tones.
- The palette has some lovely baked highlighter shades included in it so if you are travelling, you don’t need to take your highlighters with you.
- The contouring shades in the palette are suitable for all skintones / undertones. It is also great for makeup artists who are just starting out, you get multiple contouring and highlighting shades so you can use them according to your muse’s skintone!
- It is a vegan-friendly contouring product as MUR London is a vegan and a cruelty-free brand as well.
- Some people may find it a bit expensive. Although, if you look at the variety of shades in it, you would say that the price is justifiable!
The brand has another very similar cheap contouring kit in India called the HD Pro Ultra Powder Contour Palette which has more contouring shades than the highlighting ones. So if you are looking for a palette solely for the purpose of contouring, then you can go for this HD Pro one.
I also have a separate post on the blog for best affordable highlighters in India that you may like to read!
A trio contour kit from Makeup Revolution London which is cheaper and more compact than the other palettes from the brand I have mentioned right above. This palette is an ideal product for beginners in makeup who want to try their hands at contouring. I have this brand’s Blush, Bronze & Brighten kit which has a bronzer shade instead of a contouring one, along with a blush. Those who are extremely pale skinned can go for that particular palette since the bronzing shade in it will work as a contouring shade for pale skintone.
- It is an affordable product with all of the 3 essential things for contouring and sculpting the face.
- The shades present in it are quite versatile.
- Although most of such Makeup Revolution London palettes come with an attached mirror, surprisingly, they have not included one in this palette. I wish it had one! My Blush, bronze & brighten palette has a mirror which comes very handy during travels!
This WnW palette is one of the top 3 picks of mine from this list.
Loved by the topmost beauty YouTubers, this Wet N Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette duo is by far the most popular and top-rated contouring product from the drugstore. This duo is available in two shades – Dulce De Leche and Caramel Toffee.
The highlighting and contouring shades in Dulce De Leche are of pinkish-cool tone while the ones in Caramel Toffee are of yellow-warm tone. The yellowish highlighting shade in caramel toffee makes a great under eye setting powder for those who have warm-olive Indian skin tone. The contouring shade, too, is ideal for the Indian skin tone as it has the right amount of warmth. This duo is highly recommended from my side!
- This is the best contouring product in India under Rs.500! A very underrated product at this price point.
- The shades in both the duo variants compliment each other well.
- It blends very easily on the skin, without any traces of powdery-ness.
- It is not available in offline stores.
Here is a review video of this WnW duo in which, the beauty Guru Jessica Braun has shown its comparison with the Marc Jacobs #InstaMarc Light Filtering Contour Powder which is priced at whopping $50 USD!
6. Nykaa Contour & Conquer – Contour & Highlighting Duo
With the back to back launches of their home brand’s makeup products, Nykaa is slowly taking over all other drugstore makeup brands in India. They now have almost a complete collection of makeup and beauty products under their own brand name, including some lovely face and eye palettes as well as makeup tools.
The Nykaa Contour & Conquer palette is a contouring and highlighting duo. The contouring shade present in this palette is a universal one. Which means, it would suit each and every one of you irrespective of your skintone or undertone. Furthermore, its highlighting shade has unique light-sculpting pigments that would add a beautiful luminous glow on your cheekbones!
- An affordable and compact palette!
- The shades in it are suitable for all.
Also check out my favourite product from Nykaa: Nykaa Floral Carnival Nail Enamel Wild Dahlia
Most makeupholics have troubles finding the right contouring shade for themselves at affordable pricing. Some shades either end up looking too ashy or too warm/orange-ish on different skin tones. Well, this affordable drugstore brand – L.A. Girl, has solved this problem for one and all!
The L.A. Girl Pro Contour Powder duos are available in not 1 or 2, but 8 (!!!) different shades ranging from medium deep to fair. This kind of vast availability of shades is pretty uncommon in drugstore contouring products, so kudos to L.A. Girl for this.
- The duos are available in multiple shades to suit different skin tones.
- It is a pretty affordable contouring and highlighting product in India under Rs.800/-
- Offline availability of L.A. Girl products in India is an issue.
8. PAC Contour Refill
You will always find me singing praises of PAC products!
PAC products are not only pocket-friendly, but they are also of pro-quality. Their products can surely make any high-end makeup brand run for their money! The PAC Contour Refills are available in 21 different shades.
The thing with the PAC Refills is that they don’t come in any type of protective casing or palettes, this is why they are so affordably priced. You can buy an empty magnetic palette from the brand to keep all your single pans safely in one place. If you have an empty metal tin or plastic box, that would also work as a storage for your single pans like this one.
- These PAC Refill pans for contouring are extremely affordable and are available in tons of contouring shades for Indian skintones.
- One can build their customized contouring palette with the variety of shades available in PAC’s refill collection. (Or perhaps, a whole makeup palette for daily use/travels that would include a few essential single eyeshadow shades, highlighter, blush on – all from PAC Refills collection.)
- These refill pans don’t have any shade names, they are labelled with just numbers so it can be a difficult task for you to pick a shade if you are buying it online.
Best Contour Sticks In India
Early morning meeting calls or last-minute party plans don’t leave us makeup lovers with enough time to doll up and spend some extra time to even blend our makeup, making it almost impossible for us to contour and chisel out our face – as contouring requires a lot of efforts for blending!
This is when contouring sticks can come to our rescue! They give a very natural contoured look to your face and take almost no time to blend! Most of them are dual-ended so with the other side of the stick, you can also highlight the pronounced areas of your face. Here are some of the top affordable contouring sticks in India.
9. Kiko Milano Sculpting Touch Creamy Stick Contour
The smoothest and the easiest-to-blend contouring stick in India that you would ever find!
This Kiko Milano Sculpting Touch Creamy Stick Contour is enriched with African walnut oil and skin soothing pistachio extracts. These two moisturizing ingredients in the product make the stick’s formula very creamy and smooth. The product gets blended into the skin in no time!
- The product’s packaging has a luxurious appeal to it!
- The stick’s formula is very creamy. If you are a beginner to contouring makeup technique, you would find this product very easy to use.
- It is more expensive than its counterparts.
10. NYX Professional Makeup Wonder Stick
NYX took a long time to launch their products in India, but well, better late than never! Besides their great quality contouring palettes, they also have this dual-ended “wonder stick” which has a creamy contouring stick on one end and a highlighting shade on the other one. The brand calls it an all-in-one contouring duo stick and it is certainly the right name for this product.
- A convenient to use and carry product which also includes a highlighting shade on the other end!
- The highlighting shade in it can also be used to conceal dark spots – if it matches your skin tone.
- Has a creamy and blendable formula.
- Available in 3 different shades so you can pick one according to your skin tone.
11. Maybelline New York V-Face Duo Stick
Maybelline doesn’t have any good contouring products in India other than this duo stick. They do have the “Master Contour” palettes available in two shades, but I decided to skip that product on my list of best affordable contouring products in India because the contouring shade in both of the master contour palettes is too light for Indian skintones.
This duo stick, on the other hand, is very similar to the NYX Wonder Stick I mentioned above. This one is available in two shades, medium and medium to dark. Medium to dark is more on the cool-pinkish tone while the shade medium is warm toned.
By the way, those who are new to contouring and want to know the best way to contour their face according to their face shape can check out this tutorial by HudaBeauty.
- Gives a subtle contour look for those with light skintone.
- It is an affordable contouring stick in India which is usually available with exciting discounts online.
- Has easy to blend formula.
- People with a dusky-deep skintone may find the contouring shades too light for them.
12. Nykaa SKINgenius Foundation Stick Toffee Chisel 07
While this product is not labelled as a contouring stick – it works great as one!
This is actually a creamy foundation stick from Nykaa in deep brown shade. It would normally suit people with light to medium complexion. The formula of this stick has a high staying power. In case you have an oily skin type and your contour starts looking faded too soon, this would be the perfect contouring product for you as it stays put in place for the whole day! Make sure to set it with a contour or bronzing powder to ensure it gets locked into your skin.
- Has a smooth formula that is long lasting!
- Works the best as a contouring stick for light to medium skintone with oily skin type.
- The coverage of this stick is buildable. On the days when you want to go for an intense contoured look, you can easily build up the coverage with this stick.
- It is a cruelty-free contouring product in India. Also a great cruelty-free foundation + concealer stick if you are able to find a matching shade.
- This is the only shade option that you would get.
Best Cream & Liquid Contour Products For Indian Skin
I would not recommend the beginners in contouring to go for liquid-based or cream-based (unless it is in stick form) contouring products as they are not easy to blend. Once you become pro at contouring after practicing this technique for a while, you wouldn’t find it hard to contour your face with liquid or cream products! These are some of the top liquid and cream based contouring products in India that you can check out.
13. NYX Professional Makeup Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo
A liquid-based contouring product from NYX that comes in 5 shade options. Its wand applicator helps with precise application of the product, so chiseling out your face and making your best features pop out more is not that difficult with this one! You can use a brush, a beauty blender or even your finger to blend the product on your skin and make it look as natural as possible.
- This product has good shade options.
- It is a multi-tasking product.
- Offers buildable coverage.
- Its most shades are usually out of stock online.
14. L.A. Girl HD Pro Conceal
These ultra-famous concealers not only work great for hiding dark circles and blemishes, but the darker shades from this range are awesome for contouring too! You may have already seen tons of beauty vloggers use its dark shades for contouring and the lighter ones for highlighting to emphasize their best facial features. The shades in this product that can be used for contouring are: Toast, Beautiful Bronze, Mahogany, Dark Cocoa, Truffle (for extremely dark skin).
You can check the swatches of these shades online to know which one would work for you. Ideally, you should pick a contouring shade that is two or three shades darker than your actual skin tone.
- A highly affordable contouring product in India online with suitable shades for all skin tones.
- Blends like a dream on the skin.
- Not everyone is fond of its brush applicator.
This was it for the list of best affordable contouring products in India 2019, I will continue to update the list regularly with the latest launches. For more such posts, you can check out the affordable products section of our blog. Keep following us for more such updates from the beauty and makeup world.