Christmas Recipes 2020: Fun, food, and laughter are the three main ingredients that make any festival or family gathering extra special. This year, the holiday season could be different in a lot of ways due to the ongoing pandemic, but we should not let it dull down our joy!
Savour every moment of this holiday season with your friends and family by putting together some delicious and new Christmas dishes with top Christmas recipes 2020 that we are about to share below!
Enjoy cooking and devouring these Christmas recipes with your loved ones. These unique Christmas recipes are super easy to make, but their taste will definitely fool anyone into believing that you are a seasoned chef (trust us when we say this!)!
Keep on reading to explore the top 16 Christmas delicacies recipes handpicked by us.
Top Christmas Recipes 2020
1. Meringue Christmas Tree
Meringue is hands-down everybody’s favourite fluffy and yum dessert to have anytime around the year. This Meringue Christmas Tree is just so adorable that you wouldn’t want to dig your spoon into it! Here is the full recipe of this Christmas themed dish:
- 2 eggs whites.
- 200g sugar.
- green food colouring.
- sprinkles & icing sugar for decoration.
How To Make
- Whisk the egg whites until doubled in size and pale, then gradually add the sugar. Don’t rush and just do it a spoonful at a time.
- Once nearly all the sugar is added, add a few drops of food colouring and whisk through until the desired colour. Do this a little at a time as you can always add more but can’t take it away!
- Once it is forming stiff peaks pipe into little swirls onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50mins at 120. Then turn off the oven and leave for a further 10/15mins.
- Once cooled, decorate and enjoy!
This recipe was shared by food blogger @hannahfindsfood based in Leeds on her Instagram page.
She says: They would be a great addition to top a Christmas cake or cupcakes!
2. Brie, Pistachio & Cranberry Tart
Yet another recipe by the Leeds based food blogger @hannahfindsfood that is making us drool! This time, it is a yummilicious Tart recipe that has brie, pistachio and cranberry. Perfect Christmas recipe if you or your loved ones enjoy relishing tart on Christmas eve.
- 1 tsp honey.
- A small handful of fresh thyme.
- 35g chopped pistachios.
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar.
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce.
- 1/4 block of ready to roll puff pastry.
- 1 beaten egg.
- Plain flour for rolling.
- Black pepper.
- Brie (about 300g).
How To Make
- Preheat your oven to 180° and line a tray with baking parchment. Roll out your pastry on a floured surface until it is about 30cm x 15cm (ish).
- Then with a knife, gently scour about 1.5cm in along each edge to create a border. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Brush the border with beaten egg and then bake for 15 mins. Whilst it bakes mix the cranberry and balsamic in a bowl and slice your Brie.
- After the pastry is ready, remove from oven and whilst it’s on the tray use the back of a spoon to gently press back down the centre of the tart.
- Next, spread the cranberry mixture over the middle of the tart and lay the Brie on top. Season with plenty of black pepper and sprinkle of the thyme sprigs.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 mins.
- Once the cheese is bubbling remove from the oven, sprinkle on the pistachios and drizzle over the honey. Serve straight away!
3. Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Triple chocolate chip cookies – do we have to say more? The pictures of these cookies were enough to send us in a state of ecstasy.
This recipe was shared by @foodbossindia and surprisingly, it requires only basic ingredients that you might already have at your home – other than chocolate blocks that you can easily buy from the market.
- 12 tablespoons (170gm) unsalted butter, softened.
- 2 tablespoon (40gm) of cream cheese (can be substituted with butter/peanut butter, but creamcheese adds that extra zing).
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup (180gm) brown sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 cup + 5 tablespoons (200gm) all-purpose flour.
- 2 tbsp (20 gm) unsweetened Cocoa powder.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 150gm dark chocolate, chopped.
- 50gm white chocolate, chopped.
- 100gm milk chocolate, chopped.
- Some extra chocolate for drizzling.
Any combination of chocolate can be used in any ratio.
How To Make
- In a bowl, beat the butter + cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar & beat for another minute. The mixture will turn a pale colour.
- Add the vanilla & beat until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa & baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, beating until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips till evenly distributed.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop the dough into dough balls, and space them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (could take less or more time depending on your oven & the size of your cookie scoops).
- Removing the cookies when the edges start to crisp up & turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down a bit before lifting or it will break.
- Melt some extra chocolate & drizzle it on the cookies with a spoon.
Best served warm, with a side of cold milk!
4. Easy Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Pie is one of the most common thanksgiving and Christmas recipes. But the person behind this recipe – Alli Kelley who shares homemade meal recipes on her Instagram @longbournfarm says that if you make the Pumpkin Pie following her recipe, it will have the perfect flavour balance!
Ingredients For the Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cups flour⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons sugar⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup butter very cold, sliced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tablespoons sour cream very cold⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup water ice cold, you won’t use it all!
Ingredients For the Pumpkin Pie⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup heavy cream.
- 1 cup whole milk.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 large eggs.⠀⠀
- 2 large egg yolks.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon maple extract.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 ounce can, NOT pumpkin pie filling.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3/4 cup sugar.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup honey.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon salt.
To know how to make this recipe, you can visit her blog and read – the full pumpkin pie recipe.
5. Green Bean Casserole
There are literally tons and tons of casserole Christmas recipes out there and we are pretty sure that you might have tried out most of them by now. However, this green bean casserole recipe stands out from the rest as it is healthy, tasty, and cheesy – all at the same time!
Ingredients For the Green Beans⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tablespoons butter.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tablespoons flour.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon thyme.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon salt.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 cups milk.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 pounds green beans.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Ingredients For the Breadcrumb Topping⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons butter melted.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/3 cup shallot chopped.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How To Make ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For the Green Beans⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Trim the tops and bottoms off of the green beans.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Cut into 2-inch pieces.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Pour 3 cups water into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until they are bright green. Remove and set aside.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Discard water from the pan.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For the Casserole⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- In the same large sauce pan, melt butter. Add the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and sage. Cook for 1-2 minutes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add the milk and whisk until combined.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add chopped green beans and stir until combined.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For the Topping⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and stir in the panko and shallot.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Sprinkle over the top of the green beans.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the sides are bubbly.
This recipe was also shared by @longbournfarm on her Instagram. She has more Christmas recipes on her Instagram handle that you may want to check out. 🙂
6. White Christmas Slices
White Christmas slices are one of the traditional Christmas recipes cooked in many households. They are enjoyed by kids as well as grown-ups too! This recipe contains banana caramel noway bar which makes it yummier and healthier.
- 180g white chocolate
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 x Banana Caramel Noway Bar, chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup macadamias, chopped
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
How To Make
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl place all dry ingredients and mix together.
- Melt white chocolate and combine with melted coconut oil.
- Pour white chocolate and coconut oil mix into dry ingredients and stir well until evenly covered.
- Transfer mixture to baking tin and spread out evenly.
- Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 1 hour. Slice into small squares and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Christmas special recipe by @atpscience
7. Smoked Turkey Breast
Okay, whoever said Turkey dishes are only meant to devoured on Thanksgiving should be cancelled. This smoked turkey breast Christmas recipe is so delicious that you would want to make it every year!
- 6 pound turkey breast bone-in, skin-on.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Smoked Turkey Brine Ingredients⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 gallons water divided.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 cups orange juice.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup salt.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup sugar.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Smoked Turkey Rub Ingredients⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons honey.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon salt.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon rosemary.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon sage.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 teaspoon thyme.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How To Make⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Combine 4 cups of the water, sugar and the salt. Bring to a boil.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add brine into the remaining water, orange juice, and pepper flakes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Submerge turkey breast in the brine and cover.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours, up to 24.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Preheat smoker to 300ºF (see note).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Pat turkey dry.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Combine honey and olive oil. Brush on turkey.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Combine all the spices, spread evenly onto the turkey breast.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Place in smoker and smoke for about 30 minutes per pound, until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Let it rest 20 minutes before serving.
Christmas Recipe by @longbournfarm on Instagram.
8. Healthy Rocky Road
Looking for some healthy Christmas recipes that you and your family would enjoy – without the guilt trip of consuming extra calories? Here is a recipe by @projectnourish which would be your saviour.
Shahna Sarpi, the face behind project nourish is doing a nourished month-long advent calender challenge on Instagram in which she would share many more such Christmas recipes as well as wellness tips for this time of the year.
Here is her recipe for healthy rocky road which is vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup cacao butter.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 cup cacao powder.
- 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1 cup hazelnuts.
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- ½ cup shredded coconut.
- ½ cup goji berries.
How To Cook
- Line a 20×20 tray with baking paper.
- In a double boiler over the stove, add the cacao butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the cacao powder and stir through.
- Stir through the maple syrup.
- Turn off the heat and add the hazelnuts, pepitas, coconut and goji berries. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the rocky road mixture into the lined tray.
- Refrigerate until solid before cutting into 16 pieces.
For more Christmas recipes and Christmas gifting or decor ideas, make sure to follow us on Pinterest.
9. Cheesy Sprout Gratin
For those of you who don’t fancy eating brussel sprouts at all – this cheesy recipe by @theglasgowdiet is going to be a game-changer!
- 500g brussel sprouts, cleaned and outer leaves removed.
- 50g unsalted butter.
- 50g plain flour.
- 500ml milk.
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- 100g extra mature cheddar, grated.
- 50g gruyere cheese, grated.
- Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Salt and pepper.
- 25g parmesan cheese, grated.
Are you enjoying this list of top Christmas recipes for 2020? You may also want to read – 15+ Best Christmas Gifts For Men
10. Puff Pastry Snowflake
We are dead set on the fact that this puff pastry snowflake recipe by @justataste is as yum as it appears! If you are bored of traditional pastry Christmas recipes, try this one out with warm caramel sauce as dipping.
You can either fill up the pastries with chocolate or jam, totally depends on your liking! It is a pull apart style dessert which is made with just 4 ingredients – could you imagine that? Head over to their blog to read its full recipe and ingredients list.
11. Chocolate Macaroons
Ditch the meringue macaroons this Christmas 2020 to try out these delectable chocolate macaroons! They have chocolate and coconut flavours – the best of both worlds! You can also give these yum chocolate macaroons in Christmas neighbour plate.
It is made by using only 6 ingredients, to know its recipe, head over to the runningonrealfood blog.
12. 3 ingredients Oreo Fudge
Just 3 ingredients is all it takes to whip up this toothsome oreo fudge that can be your perfect last minute Christmas dish for dessert! The recipe for this easy-peasy fudge recipe is on dessertnowdinnerlater’s blog.
13. Soft Ginger Cookies
Christmas is incomplete without ginger cookies, isn’t it? So here is a soft ginger cookies recipe in which @ambitiouskitchen has added a twist of tart lemon icing on the top! Read the recipe here.
14. Delicious Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
If you are a vegan or if you are cooking for someone who follows a vegan lifestyle, this delicious cinnamon rolls recipe is exactly what you should be cooking for Christmas 2020. You can read the recipe on Minimalist Baker website. There are many more vegan Christmas recipes available on their blog.
15. Healthy Canape Recipe
Don’t want to over-indulge in Christmas delicacies? No worries! This healthy and quick canape recipe with potato slices and mashed avocado is the perfect pick for you. Here is the full recipe shared by @purearthlife on Instagram.
How To Make
- Pre-heat the oven & prepare an oven tray with aluminum foil and non stick spray (we personally love coconut oil spray).
- Slice sweet potato into rounds (around ¼ thick). Sprinkle with sea salt and a little coconut oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning over half way through.
- Top with mashed avocado, herbs, sea salt and red onion.
16. Chocolate Cherry Trifle
A layer of one bowl chocolate cake, a layer of chocolate mousse, a layer of slightly boozy cherries topped with whipped cream – this might sounds way too much to put together, but it is the easiest trifle Christmas recipe that you would come across!
Head over to @thehealthyhunter’s blog to read the full recipe of this Chocolate Cherry Trifle which looks totally irresistible!
We hope you enjoyed this list of the top Christmas recipes for 2020. Let us know which of the Christmas recipes did you like the best from this post.
We wish everyone happy and safe holidays! Enjoy the celebrations of Christmas with your loved ones, but don’t forget about the essential safety protocols and maintain social distancing.