Do you guys remember how as a child, most of us would just apply glue on our hands, wait for it to dry and then peel it off in an oddly satisfying way for no reason? Ah, those were the days!
Well, now the things have changed. It is the era of peel off face masks that are not just satisfying to take off, but they also work great for detoxifying and pampering the skin once in a while. Oh and DIY peel off face masks are “a thing” these days on social media. We see them all the time on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. They are just everywhere on the internet, Aren’t they?!
So I decided to compile a list of all the homemade DIY Peel off masks that I have come across so far and share it with you all. These DIY Peel off face masks will leave you with a clean, bright and smooth skin! Keep on scrolling to get to know about them.
Best DIY Peel Off Face Masks For Smooth & Clear Skin
1. DIY Charcoal And Glue Peel Off Face Mask
This has been the most famous peel off face mask on the internet. There is a fair chance that you might have already seen the painful looking videos of people peeling off this mask from their face and making hysterical expressions!
This charcoal and glue peel off face mask recipe is actually for blackhead removal, but a lot of intellectuals on the internet (sarcasm intended) are using it on their whole face, including the sensitive area around the eyes. I will recommend applying this face mask only on those areas where you have blackheads or clogged pores, such as your nose, forehead and chin.
These are the ingredients required for Charcoal & Glue Peel Off Face Mask –
Ingredients for DIY Charcoal & Glue Peel Off Face Mask :-
- Activated charcoal powder/capsules (Can be found in medical stores or on Amazon).
- Non-toxic glue (you can get non-toxic glue in India from fevicol. Elmer’s school glue is also available in India through Amazon).
- A bowl and a spoon for mixing.
- A brush to apply the mixture.
How To Make :-
- Take 2 tablespoons of glue in a bowl and add the contents of 2 activated charcoal capsules (or 2 teaspoons of activated charcoal powder) in it.
- Mix both of the ingredients well with a spoon and apply it to your skin using a brush.
- Leave it on until it is completely dry and then slowly peel it off in upwards direction.
Benefits of DIY Charcoal & Glue Peel Off Face Mask :-
Charcoal comes with natural abilities to draw out the dirt, oil and toxins from the facial pores, leaving your skin fresh and clean. Activated charcoal is more porous than normal charcoal and hence, it is more effective for detoxifying your skin. This face mask would be the perfect skin pampering DIY for you if you have a lot of blackheads, clogged pores and fine hair on your face.
P.S. – Don’t try this DIY if you have sensitive skin. I repeat – Don’t try it! And as one of my readers has pointed out in the comments section below, the parts of glue used in this recipe can get stuck to your facial pores, so use this DIY carefully.
To ensure that all the traces of the mask are removed from your skin, wash your face properly after peeling it off.
2. DIY Egg White Peel Off Mask
This egg white mask is the easiest one to make. You can apply a thick layer of the white part of an egg on your face after whisking it for a while. It will get rid of all the dirt present deep within your facial pores, BUT, if you want to make it more effective – then you can try the Egg white + tissue peel off mask.
Ingredients for DIY Egg White Peel Off Face Mask :-
- Paper towel / tissue paper.
- Egg white.
How To Use :-
- Apply a thin layer of egg white using a brush and put a layer of tissue paper/paper towel on top.
- Repeat this process twice and let the mask dry for a few minutes.
- Once it’s dry, peel it off in small sections in an upward direction.
- To remove the smell of egg white from your skin, take warm water in a bowl and a few drops of your favourite skin-friendly essential oil in it. Dip a wash cloth in the water and use it to gently clean your skin.
3. DIY Gelatin And Milk Peel Off Mask
The use of gelatin is not confined to making mouthwatering jell-os and desserts only, this ingredient can do a lot for enhancing your beauty too!
Ingredients for DIY Gelatin & Milk Peel Off Face Mask :-
- 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder. (You can find it in grocery stores or you can buy it online from Amazon)
- 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Knowledge about Double boiler. 😝
Make sure that you are taking milk that’s a little warm so that the gelatin can get mixed with it easily. Put both the ingredients in a bowl and warm up the mixture using double boiler process, or microwave it for a few seconds.
Use it on your face quickly (unless it’s too hot to apply) because gelatin can become rubbery. This mask will extract the impurities from your facial pores and also get rid of your facial hairs.
4. DIY Orange Peel Off Mask
The recipe of orange peel off mask is an add-on to the gelatin powder and milk mask I shared above. Just put 2 teaspoons of orange juice in the mixture of gelatin powder and milk to obtain the numerous skin benefits that orange holds.
5. DIY Agar-Agar Peel Off Mask
One thing I would like to point out is that Gelatin is not a vegan / vegetarian product because it is derived from the body parts of animals. So if you are a vegan / vegetarian then you can try this agar agar peel off mask instead. You will need –
- 1 teaspoon of agar-agar powder.
- Activated charcoal capsules.
- Half cup of water.
This face mask recipe was shared by Farah Dhukai. She mentions that this peel off mask is great for detoxifying the skin and also for shrinking large pores.
Moreover that, it’s really easy to make. You need to bring the water to a boil and then add the agar-agar powder in it. Put activated charcoal powder when it’s not boiling-hot. Mix it well and apply it to your face. This mask peels off in one go, which is very satisfying to watch! 😀
Enjoying this post so far? You may also like: 6 DIY Natural Homemade Skincare Products To Try
6. DIY Green Tea Peel Off Mask
Another cool DIY shared by the gorgeous Farah Dhukai. This one is for adding a glow and moisture to your skin. You will need –
- 1 teaspoon of green tea. (She mentioned that matcha tea is the best for this)
- 1 teaspoon of agar-agar powder.
- Half cup of water.
The process is pretty much same as the previous recipe, but for this mask you have to add green tea to the boiling water first and agar agar powder the second.
7. DIY Honey Peel Off Mask
Honey is a really nice ingredient for people with dry and acne prone skin. It has antibacterial properties which heals acne and reduces skin irritation. You can make honey peel off mask by mixing lukewarm milk with it.
Apply an even layer of the mixture on your face and while the mask is still wet, take a single ply of tissue paper and put it over the layer of mixture that you just applied. The mixture of honey and milk won’t peel off by itself.
That’s why you need to use tissue paper to turn it into a peel off mask! One tip: try to use raw, pure honey for this mask!
So these were the 7 best DIY Peel Off masks that I know of. I hope you guys and girls find this post interesting! Let me know about your favourite DIY mask by commenting below. ☺ Please do subscribe to push notifications if you enjoy reading my posts!