Heya beauties! Today I’ll quickly review the Makeup Academy / MUA Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette which is one of my recent buys. MUA is an UK based drugstore brand which sells highly affordable makeup products. Their eye shadow palettes are famous around the globe. I’m not much into eye makeup, all thanks to my weak eye sight and glasses! Sigh! This is actually my first “proper” eye shadow palette. Read on to know if I liked it or not!
MUA Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette
Undress Me Too Palette embraces a fresh-faced look and urges you to strip back and go for a natural finish! Made up of 12 warm and timeless shades, this palette will suit all skin tones and any occasion.
The pearlescent flesh-toned finish of shades Naked, Devotion and Shy are perfect for highlighting the eyes, while the shimmering bronze hues of Shades Fiery, Lavish and Dreamy give a sultry effect. There are even smouldering contour tones in Shades Tranquil, Exposed and Wink so that you can transsform your minimalist day look into a sexy smokey eye in an instant. Featuring a shade range that runs from the palest champagne to the grittiest gunmetal grey, this isn’t just ‘shades of beige’. Each shadow has a distinct look that works for everyone.
Price – Rs.960/- (usually available for Rs.600-700/- with discounts) or £4 | Availability – Available on Amazon| Shades in the palette – 12
Swatches Of MUA Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette
Top Row – Left to Right / with flash & without flash
1. Naked – a nude shade, just like its name. Can be used as a base colour for every eye makeup look!
2. Devotion – light golden shade.
3. Shy – a white shade which can be used to highlight the inner corners of the eyes and the browbones, since it has a little bit of sheen.
4. Fiery – Light coppery brown shade.
5. Lavish – Matte brown shade (it’s more on taupe side). Can be used to define crease. This one feels a bit chalky when I apply it on my eyelids.
6. Dreamy – Insanely pigmented golden shade which will look BEAUTIFUL for Indian wedding & festive makeups.
Bottom Row – Left to Right
7. Tranquil – champagne shade with light sheen. I’d like to wear it for everyday looks. 🙂
8. Exposed – “Gunmetal grey” would be the perfect description for this shade!
9. Reveal – shimmery white eye shadow with grey tints.
10. Wink – another gold shade, but this one has red-ish tints in it. Looks similar to the shade “fiery” in pictures.
11. Obsessed – GORGEOUS is the word! It’s the star of this palette! I don’t know how to describe this shade.. I’d call it a deep toned brown shade with light shimmers! It looks bad in the first picture because of the sh*tty camera quality.
12. Corrupt – Matte black shade. Not much pigmented, but the colour seems buildable! I am yet to use this shade on its own, have only used it to set my kajal and eyeliner.
My Take on MUA Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette
The Makeup Academy Undress Me Too Eye Shadow palette is said to be the most cheapest dupe of Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I don’t own the UD2 palette so I cannot compare these two palettes side by side, but I have seen its swatches and mannn… all the shades are so identical! I’m sure that UD2 palette’s quality must be far far better, but the price is unmatchable! Urban Decay Naked 2 palette is priced at $54 USD, that is approx 3500 bucks in our currency. Whereas MUA Undress Me Too palette can be bought for £4/$5.80 in countries other than India. It is twice its original price in India, but I don’t mind it since the palette is great and worth every penny you spend on it! I have used only a few shades from this palette, but whatever I have used is enough to write a review.
I wore the eye shadows for a maximum of 7-8 hours and noticed that they don’t fade or disappear much! There was no creasing either, even though I have hooded lids. I don’t own an eye or face primer so I just use the shade #1 – Naked as a base which probably helps to hold the other shades for long. All the shades in this palette are nicely pigmented and feel very smooth except the shade #5 – Lavish, which feels a bit chalky, but still you can make it work. Some of the shades don’t look pigmented in the pictures because I have swatched them with very light hands. I could’ve taken better pics if I had a DSLR. Here is the swatch pic from MUA’s website, you can compare it with the ones I took..
See? The shades look much better in this picture. Forgive me for my poor photography skills.
What I liked about MUA Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette :-
- Has a variety of shades and finishes.
- It’s by far the best and cheapest dupe for Urban Decay Naked 2.
- Doesn’t isn’t heavy on pockets.
- Doesn’t fade or crease easily.
- The texture of the eye shadows is smooth and easy to blend. No fallout issue at all!
What I don’t like about MUA Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette :-
- The packaging of the palette is very fragile and might break easily.
- Comes with useless sponge applicator. A useless brush is better than an useless sponge applicator. :/
- Expensive in India, if compared to other countries (that’s the case with most of the Europe based brands!)
- Wish it had a nice big mirror attached to it!
Will I recommend / repurchase this product?
Recommend – Yes! Repurchase – Nope because this palette will last me long enough! I’d love to try their other awesomesauce palettes though!
So what do you think about this palette? Which is your go-to eye shadow palette? Let me know in the comments below!