Best Vegan Face Wash For 2024: Mother nature offers the best of her creations for our beauty. There are tons and tons of ingredients out there in the nature that are highly beneficial for our skin and provide us with multiple benefits.
Well, at least they are a zillion times better than certain potent chemicals found in commercial beauty products that in reality, are harmful to the skin in the long run. Thankfully, seeing an increasing demand for natural beauty products in the market, a lot of brands have started taking a vegan and cruelty-free approach for catering to our skin’s needs using only natural ingredients (and not harming any bunnies or little mice in this process!) in their cosmetic products.
With this post, I will be covering the list of top 10 best vegan face wash for 2024 – that are also cruelty-free; and that you can try out if you are planning to switch to an all-natural and vegan skincare routine. Let’s get started with the list and find you the perfect vegan face wash suitable for your skin type.
Best Vegan Face Wash For 2024 – Top 10 Picks
Editor’s Top 3 Favourite Picks From The List
Regenerating cleanser is ideal for: Oily & Combination Skin Type
Clarifying Vegan Face cleanser is ideal for: Oily Skin Type With Acne
A lot of times while inspecting the ingredients list of natural skincare products, you might end up getting introduced to completely new ingredients that you probably didn't even know could be used for your skin! Take Hordeum Vulgare Leaf Juice (aka Barley) as an example which is present in Tata Harper's Clarifying skin cleanser.
These two cleansers may appear quite similar from the packaging, but they each have a unique set of ingredients in them that would serve differently on your skin.
The Tata Harper Regenerating face cleanser is enriched with Microspherical Apricot Seed Powder that helps to gently exfoliate the skin, leaving it free of dirt as well as toxins. Along with that, the regenerating cleanser also contains natural enzymes, essential oils, and clays that balance and hydrate the skin. As it has a lot of detoxifying ingredients in it, this vegan facial cleanser is suitable for oily to combination skin type.
On the other hand, the Tata Harper Clarifying vegan face cleanser would work well for those who get recurring acne breakouts. This clarifying face wash has a blemish-clearing formula with natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients like honey.
- They come in hygienic-to-use pump bottle packaging that also appears luxurious!
- They contain some very out-of-the-box natural ingredients that are great for the skin.
- The quantity of the product provided in both the cleansers is good.
- The regenerating cleanser has an award-winning formula that detoxifies the skin thoroughly. It is also ideal for mild daily exfoliation.
- They are quite heavy on the pocket! Even if the quantity and the quality provided are worth the investment.
2. Eminence Coconut Milk Cleanser
Ideal for vegan face wash for: Dry & Combination Skin Type
If delicious coconut soup or lentil curry are all that come to your mind when you think about coconut milk, then control your palates for a minute!
This vegan face wash from a cruelty-free skincare brand called Eminence packs a punch of skin-nourishing coconut milk as well as virgin coconut oil. The eminence vegan facial cleanser instantly delivers a dose of antioxidants to your skin and repairs free radical damage which is mostly caused due to long-term exposure of your skin to harsh UV rays emitted by the sun. The brand also claims that this milk cleanser can be safely used on sunburnt skin as it is really gentle!
- Its powerful coconut milk-enriched formula is absolutely gentle on the skin.
- Its regular usage can reduce the appearance of premature signs of aging on your skin as it has bio complex in it.
- The packaging of this product's 32 ounces variant is quite a dud, considering its price tag! I would suggest going with the 8.4-ounce variant if you are trying it for the first time. You can buy the bigger packaging once you have tested it out for your skin. Nonetheless, you are sure to love this vegan face wash formula.
3. THRIVE Natural Face Wash Gel for Men & Women – Daily Facial Cleanser
This vegan face wash is ideal for: Dry & Parched Skin Type.
This facial cleanser from THRIVE skincare brand is power packed with antioxidants that reduce the damaging effects of free radicals in your skin, thus also reviving your dull skin after a long and tiring day. It has a gentle and light formula that would help to cleanse your dry and parched skin without sucking out the essential moisture out of it. Someone with a dry and flaky skin type would definitely love trying out a moisturizing vegan cleanser like this one from THRIVE.
It is the best natural face cleanser for aging skin.
- The cleanser is highly suitable for those with extremely dry or sensitive skin - owing to the presence of the finest natural hydrating ingredients present within it.
- It comes in simple, elegant, and hygienic packaging.
- It is easily available online on Amazon.
- Couldn't find any negative point.
4. Fleur & Bee So Clean! Vegan Facial Cleanser
Ideal for: Dry & Normal Skin Type.
Fleur & Bee is a vegan beauty brand and they have the So Clean! Vegan Facial Cleanser which is gentle enough for everyday use. It is a dermatologist-tested face wash with organic ingredients like organic coconut oil, organic aloe vera, rosemary extract, Gotu kola, etc. Apart from this, the face wash is gluten-free, silicone-free, and fragrance-free which makes it suitable for those with sensitive skin types too.
Both, the face wash and its packaging are made sustainably.
This is something off-topic however I love highlighting the CSR activities of brands, Fleur & Bees donates 1% of their sales to a charity that distributes menstrual hygiene products to less privileged women. I always cheer for such brands.
- It is a gentle cleanser for everyday use.
- It is suitable for people with dry skin, even if your skin is excessively dry.
- It contains organic ingredients and the formulation is dermatologist tested.
- The product and its packaging are sustainable.
- I couldn't find any con! Maybe if you have an oily skin type, you may not appreciate this face wash that much.
Also check out: Review of Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer that would go well with this face wash!
Ideal for: All skin types, but mostly - Dry & Sensitive Skin Type.
Another best natural face cleanser for aging skin. Sukin Cream Cleanser is loaded with luxurious natural ingredients like avocado oil, rosehip oil, wheat germ oil, and a few more nourishing ingredients for the skin. It comes in two variants of packaging, a simple one with a twist-up cap on top and one with a pump - so you can choose whichever packaging type you like the best.
The creamy texture of this facial cleanser sloughs off the dirt and leaves your skin feeling moisturized. Sukin also has an affordable vegan face scrub in their collection called the Sukin Super Greens Facial Scrub which is a must-try too, along with this cream cleanser from the brand.
- This cream-based cleanser works great as a makeup remover! It gently removes all traces of makeup, dirt, and grime from the skin and its pores.
- Has a mild and creamy formula that would suit all skin types.
- Contains quite luxurious ingredients that are generally not present in such affordable vegan cleansers for the face!
- The cleanser has a lovely citrusy fragrance.
- None, but those who don't like citrusy scents may not find its smell pleasing to the nose.
6. Beauty Without Cruelty Organic Vitamin C With CoQ10 Facial Cleanser
Ideal for: Dull, Aging Skin.
Beauty Without Cruelty is one of the very first cosmetic brands that took a vegan and cruelty-free approach to create beauty products and make them available to the world at affordable rates. The Vitamin C With CoQ10 Facial Cleanser by the brand is a 100% natural and vegan face cleanser that comes with vital botanical ingredients. The chemical compound CoQ10 (also known as
coenzyme Q) present in the cleanser, is an antioxidant that neutralizes harmful free radicals that lead to premature signs of aging on the skin.
- The cleanser has beneficial natural ingredients for the skin.
- Its ingredients for organic aromatherapy will make you swoon over its fragrance!
- It has a pH-balanced formula.
- Reduces the effects of environmental damage.
- Keeps the natural moisture balance protected in the skin's layers while efficiently cleansing it.
- The packaging of this facial cleanser looks quite unappealing. It certainly could have been better! But don't judge a face wash by its looks!
Enjoying this post? You may also like: Best Vegan Shampoos
7. YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE Kale + Green Tea Spinach Age Prevention Cleanser
Ideal for: All skin types, especially for aging skin.
Kale and spinach.. This combination isn't just AHHhhmazing for a healthy smoothie, it packs a dose of nourishment for your skin too!
Remember when this superfood - kale was all the rage on social media? From sandwiches to pasta, this green herb makes all your favourite dishes 100 times healthier for you. And the same goes for your skin - no joke!
The greens present in this cruelty-free vegan face wash by YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE are packed with nourishing vitamins and phytonutrients that help to deter free radical damage, detoxify the skin and increase collagen production. Kale's ability to tighten up your facial pores and reduce the appearance of wrinkles as well as fine lines makes this product an ideal vegan face wash for aging skin. And if I had to conclude its review in just a line, I would say that it is a hard-core, must-try natural face wash for aging skin.
- It is loaded with superfood “kale” and other such greens that are always lauded for their anti-aging skin benefits.
- Comes in non-fussy, clear pump bottle packaging which is also recyclable (yay!).
- This vegan and cruelty-free cleanser has a pH-balanced formula.
- I couldn't find any.
Ideal for: Very Dry, Sensitive, Acne Prone Skin. Also works well for those with rosacea or eczema.
Paula's Choice products are great for aging skin and people with certain skin conditions. This cream-based facial cleanser can end your constant battle with common skin issues like acne, rosacea, or eczema!
The Paula's Choice Skin Recovery cream cleanser comes with amazing skin recovery ingredients and very mild cleansing agents that are a boon for those with dry and problematic skin types. All the ingredients in this affordable vegan cleanser are non-irritating, hence, the product can also be used by people who have sensitive skin with redness and rosacea. Furthermore, the cleanser's formulation is fragrance-free and that means, if you are allergic to fragrance compounds added in skincare products, you can safely use this one! Try out this natural facial cleanser for aging skin.
- It is an efficient cleanser for those with dry and sensitive skin. It also works well as a vegan makeup remover for dry skin.
- The cleanser is cream based with mild cleansing agents and emollients that don't dry out the skin.
- The cleanser leaves the skin soft and supple.
9. Pacifica Beauty Coconut Milk Cream to Foam Face Wash
Ideal for: Normal, Oily or Combination Skin Type.
This Pacifica Beauty face wash is the most pocket-friendly cruelty-free and vegan face wash that I have come across so far. Enriched with coconut milk and vitamin E, this cream-to-foam face wash lifts off the dirt and debris stuck deep inside facial pores and gently sloughs them off. The vitamin E content in it helps to improve the skin complexion by removing tan and adding a natural brightness to the skin!
- Makes your face feel clean and fresh!
- It possesses a lovely fragrance of coconut and vanilla.
- It is a very affordable option if you are on the hunt for a vegan cleanser.
- Some people who have extremely dry skin have noticed that this face wash makes their skin even drier.
You may also like: 10 Best Retinol Body Lotions | Benefits of Retinol, Uses, & Side Effects
10. Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash
Ideal for: Acne Prone Skin.
Bladderwrack - a type of seaweed contained in this face wash is what sets it apart from all the other top vegan face washes I have mentioned above!
It is a rarity to find such kind of rich ingredients in a skincare product from an affordable category. This seaweed with quite a weird name is touted for anti-inflammatory properties that calm the skin and reduce redness/inflammation on its surface. Furthermore, this special ingredient has been found to increase skin elasticity and reduce the signs of premature aging.
The Desert Essence face wash also has a much-loved, natural anti-acne and antibacterial ingredient which is literally a godsent for those with acne issues. You know which ingredient I am talking about, don't you? It is tea tree oil, of course!
If you don't already know how miraculous tea tree oil is for acne, you might want to read my post about Tea Tree Oil Benefits: 6 Ways It Makes Your Skin & Face Healthy, and then go ahead with your purchase of this face wash.
- This budget-friendly natural cleanser contains a set of various rich and skin-soothing ingredients like Awapuhi, goldenseal chamomile, seaweed, and many more of them.
- The presence of tea tree oil in this face wash can help you to treat your moderate to severe acne effectively. If you are in a budget crunch - this is the best vegan face wash for acne-prone skin that you can buy within your budget.
- Due to the presence of a high amount of tea tree oil in this face wash, its formulation can be a bit drying for people who already have a dry skin type.
- If you are allergic to tea tree oil or any kind of potent essential oils - which is highly unlikely, then you might want to give this face wash a miss.
These were the top 10 best vegan face wash for 2024. I hope this post helps you to find the best cruelty-free and vegan face wash that you have been looking for as per your skin type! Do you have a favourite vegan face wash that's not mentioned in this list? Let us know about it in the comments section below!