Best Vegan Shampoos: The use of vegan beauty products in everyday routines has gained significant popularity in the past few years due to the increasing awareness among consumers regarding the negative impact of animal testing and the use of animal-derived ingredients – on the planet as well as animal welfare.
In addition to being cruelty-free and environmentally friendly, vegan beauty products also are also beneficial for your hair and skin. Most vegan beauty products are concocted with plant-based ingredients, such as aloe vera, nut-based oils, and chamomile, which are known to have natural soothing and moisturizing properties.
As more consumers become aware of these benefits and the demand for cruelty-free and sustainable products increases, it is likely that we will see more and more vegan beauty products on the market. In the past, I have written about the best vegan face wash that you can purchase for your skin type. Today, we will be going over the list of the best vegan shampoos available in the market.
Vegan shampoos are free from any animal-derived ingredients and are not been tested on animals. They are often made with naturally sourced ingredients that are gentle on the hair and scalp while providing nourishing benefits.
Let’s explore some of the best vegan shampoos on the market to buy:
1. Acure Ultra Hydrating Shampoo
Acure is a vegan beauty brand that offers a variety of organic vegan shampoos you can choose from that are enriched with naturally derived ingredients such as argan oil, coconut oil, and antioxidant-rich lemon. All of their organic vegan shampoos are crafted with natural ingredients and are free from parabens, sulfates, petrolatum, mineral oil, and phthalates, making them absolutely safe for your hair and scalp.
- Acure Ultra Hydrating Shampoo has so many natural ingredients like Aloe Vera juice, argan oil, pumpkin seed oil, blackberry fruit extract, and a lot more. It is difficult to feature all of them as this shampoo is filled with exotic natural ingredients for hair.
- It is a suitable shampoo for all hair types.
- It has a matching conditioner duo that you can take leverage of for adding further nourishment to your hair.
- It has an invigorating fragrance.
- It has a chemically free formulation.
2. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo – Best Vegan Shampoos Range
In case you have coloured hair or chemically treated hair, then this creamy Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is an ideal option for you. It is an effective vegan shampoo and it is specially made for coloured and chemically treated hair types. Furthermore, it is also free from the sulfate. You can also get the Pureology Hydrate Conditioner with this to maximize the benefits of your daily vegan hair care routine.
- It is listed as a climate-pledge-friendly product.
- Best vegan hair care for colour-treated hair.
- It replenishes dry hair with the goodness of Jojoba oil.
- The other ingredients in this shampoo – green tea, sage, lavender, patchouli, and bergamot support a healthy scalp and add a beautiful hint of fragrance to your hair.
The other variants available in the brand’s colour protection hair care range are Hydrate Sheer, Strength Cure, Smooth Perfection, Pure Volume, and Nanoworks Gold. If you have blonde hair you can pick the Strength Cure Blonde shampoo and conditioner duo.
3. Tree To Tub Moisturizing Argan Oil Shampoo – Fragrance-Free Shampoo for Dry & Sensitive Scalp
Do you have a sensitive scalp that gets irritated easily due to the harsh chemicals, artificial fragrances, or certain essential oils present in hair care products?
The Tree To Tub Fragrance-Free Shampoo is the answer to your problems! Enriched with soothing aloe Vera and chamomile, hydrating argan oil and jojoba oil, as well as natural cleanser wild soapberry, this product is a hidden gem amongst all other chemical-filled shampoos that you see on the shelves. It is not easy to find an unscented shampoo for sensitive scalp, however, the Tree to Tub has made it easier for us.
- It is a fragrance-free vegan shampoo suitable for sensitive scalps.
- It has a natural hair-cleansing ingredient called wild soapberry that balances the pH level of the scalp.
- It is enriched with soothing and moisturizing ingredients for your hair shafts and scalp.
- It is a reasonably priced shampoo, despite having such an impressive ingredient list.
4. Love Beauty And Planet Hope & Hair Repair
Love, Beauty, and Planet have an exhaustive range of bath and body care products that are vegan and cruelty-free. The brand has tons of options available in its shampoos and conditioner range. You can find the best vegan shampoo and conditioner duo easily in their range with matching ingredients, to get the most benefits out of them.
- The brand has a variety of shampoos and conditioners for different hair types and hair concerns to suit your needs, all of them being the best vegan shampoos in the affordable range.
- The brand is easily available worldwide.
- This specific variant – Hope & Repair is a great shampoo for damaged hair.
- It has a lovely set of ingredients for your vegan hair care routine.
5. Maui Moisture Thicken & Restore + Bamboo Fibers Strengthening Shampoo
Bamboo fibers are naturally hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial, which makes them suitable for use in hair care products for those who have sensitive scalp types. The Maui Moisturiser Thicken & Restore shampoo is silicone-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, and 100% vegan. It claims to strengthen the hair and repair damage with its unique blend of bamboo fibers, castor oil, and neem oil.
I have used neem oil-based hair care products in the past which have proven to be beneficial for my scalp, but the concept of bamboo fibers in shampoo is quite new and exciting.
I wanted to share a small snippet about the brand as well since its formulations stood out to me.
“Maui Moisture is inspired by handpicked & handcrafted ingredients found on tropical islands like Maui. Most Shampoos and Conditioners start with deionized, chemically treated water as their primary ingredient. Maui Moisture starts with a unique blend of Aloe Vera juice and is infused with pure coconut water. Crafted into 6 amazing ranges, for all different hair types & textures to help get your hair looking healthy. An escape to the Maui islands with every use.”
- The ingredients in this shampoo carry their own uniqueness for your hair.
- Best Vegan hair care for curly hair.
- It is free of common chemicals found in shampoos.
- Affordable vegan shampoo.
- The range comes with conditioners that have matching ingredients for your hair.
- It doesn’t weigh down thin hair.
6. Pacifica Beauty, Rosemary Purify Invigorating Shampoo
The Pacifica Beauty Vegan Shampoo is cruelty-free and free from parabens, phthalates, and mineral oil. It is safe for colour-treated hair and suitable for all hair types, including dry, oily, curly, damaged, and sensitive scalps.
Having Rosemary as its main ingredient, it helps with hair regrowth and maintains a healthy scalp.
- Loaded with the goodness of Rosemary for your hair and scalp.
- Chemical-free formulation.
- It provides deep cleansing for hair and scalp, removes dirt and build-up, and nourishes and strengthens hair, leaving it looking and feeling healthy and shiny.
- Best vegan hair care for oily hair.
7. Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo – Best Vegan Shampoos
The Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo is made with coconut oil, which can moisturize your dry and damaged hair. It also strengthens the hair roots. The shampoo is enriched with other natural ingredients such as kelp, aloe vera, and chamomile, that further soothe the scalp and provide adequate nourishment.
- Helps to detangle and strengthen hair, leaving it less prone to breakage.
- Helps to promote hair growth and a healthy scalp.
- Contains organic coconut oil, which is known for its moisturizing and nourishing properties.
- Sulfate-free, which means it is gentle on the hair and scalp.
- Contains no parabens, gluten, mineral oil, or artificial colours.
- Safe vegan hair care for colour-treated hair and all hair types, including the dry, oily, curly, damaged, and sensitive scalp.
- Best non-toxic shampoo made ethically.
You may also like: 10 Best Retinol Body Lotions | Benefits of Retinol, Uses, & Side Effects
8. Ginger Lily Farms Botanicals Moisturizing Shampoo for All Hair Types
A shampoo that is full of moisturizing ingredients can penetrate the hair shaft and provide hydration to the hair fibers, helping to prevent dry and frizzy hair as well as breakage. Infused with the refreshing scent of ginger lily, this shampoo contains natural ingredients that provide deep hydration and nourishment to your hair.
- High-performance plant-based hair care for your mane.
- It restores moisture to the hair and revitalizes them.
- Contains flaxseed and the moisturizing benefits of aloe, loaded with vitamin B5.
- The Apple pear extract gives this moisturizing vegan shampoo a lovely scent.
- Suitable vegan shampoo for dry hair.
9. Botanist Smooth Shampoo – Best Vegan Shampoos
Botanist Smooth Shampoo is a high-performance hair care solution that is specially formulated to smooth and tame frizzy or unruly hair. This shampoo is formulated with natural oils, such as argan oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. These oils help to smooth the hair cuticles, making your hair shinier and healthier from the roots to the ends.
- Suitable vegan shampoo for frizzy hair.
- Enriched with moisturizing oils.
- Hair strengthening formulation.
- Concocted with natural proteins, silver lime extract, and white birch water for smooth and detangled hair.
10. Verb Ghost Shampoo – Vegan Shampoo For Thin Hair & Colour-Treated Hair
Experience the ultimate in vegan hair care for damaged hair with Verb Ghost Shampoo. The Ghost Shampoo is formulated with natural ingredients such as keratin and soy protein, which help to strengthen and thicken hair. This premium hair care solution is specially formulated to provide volume and nourishment to thin or fine hair.
- Weightless vegan shampoo suitable for all hair types.
- Deep cleans the scalp and the hair.
- Adds to the hair.
- Also available in the Hydrate variant for those with a dry hair type.
11. Maria Nila Pure Volume Shampoo
Does your hair lack volume? It is a common issue for those who have fine and naturally straight hair. A vegan volumizing shampoo like the Maria Nila Pure Volume Shampoo is a perfect pick for you to add some extra bounce to your hair and make it appear voluminous.
- Its Vitamin B5 content moisturizes the hair and provides volume to the hair that lasts a long time.
- It carries a floral fragrance of neroli, lemon, palm rose, and hyacinth.
- Contains moringa oil, sunflower seed oil, protecting antioxidant, provitamin B5, and hydrolyzed whey protein.
12. BIOLAGE Volume Bloom Shampoo | Vegan Hair Volumizing Shampoo
BIOLAGE is not a new name in the market and I am sure that you are not hearing about it for the first time. Its products are recommended by hair experts and are also used in top salons. BIOLAGE’s volumizing shampoo is another great vegan shampoo for those of you who want voluminous hair after every wash! It is climate-pledge-friendly and also cradle-to-cradle certified. It claims to provide 70% more volume to the hair with just a single wash! You can get a volumizing conditioner, whipped mousse, and a spray from the same range if you want a complete hair care package with the same formula.
- This shampoo recommended by professionals is a great pick for thin and flat hair.
- It adds a light sheen to the hair without making it oily.
- The hair becomes more manageable and easier to style with this shampoo.
- Best vegan hair care for colour-treated hair.
- Paraben-free and silicone-free formulation.
- 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and certified by top organizations.
In conclusion, vegan shampoos are a great alternative to traditional shampoos – for a better you and a better planet. These are some of the best vegan shampoos that you would easily find in the markets. Ensure that you choose a shampoo and a conditioner that is formulated as per your hair type. Furthermore, it is also important to note that while vegan shampoos with natural ingredients are considered the safest for you, you can still encounter allergic reactions if you don’t do a patch test first. Certain people are allergic to natural ingredients like nut-based oils. Hence, always do a thorough check of the ingredients list before you try out a product mentioned here.