We women are always down to experiment with different colours in outfits. But sometimes, we do hesitate to try new or bold shades of lipsticks. Girls – Let’s come out of our shells and try out some trendy lipstick shades. After all, we only live once, right? With this post, I am sharing some amazing, trendy lipstick shades that every woman out there should try out!
Trendy Lipstick Shades That You Need To Try Out!
Purple Lipstick Shade
Purple lipsticks are definitely not for the faint hearted makeupholics! But if divas like Aishwarya Rai can rock this bold and beautiful shade at Cannes, so can you! Just find the right shade of purple for your skin tone and don’t be afraid to rock it. Check out my suggestions:
- Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick – Ideal Lilac
- L.A. Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick – Giggle
- NYX Butter Lipstick – Thunderstorm Pluie D’Orange
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick – Sway (pictured above)
Burgundy Lipstick Shade
Burgundy lipsticks can be worn all year around, but they are most popular during the nonexistent-fall and winter season in India. A lot of makeup brands launch dark and vampy shades like burgundy, plum or deep wine specifically during this time of the year. Beauty ecommerce giant Nykaa has a separate range of fall appropriate lipsticks. The range is called Nykaa So Matte! Fall Winter Lipstick Collection. Most of the lipsticks in this collection are of deep wine/burgundy colour family. Here are some of the other shades from my suggestions:
- PAC Retro Matte Gloss – 20
- Nykaa So Matte Fall Winter Lipstick – Mulled Wine
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – Copenhagen (pictured above)
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Reds Color Riche Collection – Pure Garnet
Burnt Orange / Brick Red Lipstick Shade
If you are not comfortable with dark and bold colours like burgundy, then you can try a burnt orange or brick red lip shade! They look very flattering on Indian skin tones because most of us Indian women have yellowish/olive undertones. Check out these shades –
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick – Hot Hot Hot
- MAC Chili (pictured above)
Fuschia Lipstick Shade
Fuschia is a bold yet a more comfortable and wearable shade. It can be your first step towards bold lipsticks! I have successfully passed this step by trying out the Maybelline Lip Gradation in Fuschia 1. Here are some of the other Fuschia shades from drugstore brands that you might want to try out:
- SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick – Mary Poppins
- Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Fuschia Flare
- Maybelline New York Superstay 14H Megawatt – 135 Flash Of Fuschia
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – Addis Ababa (pictured above)
Dusty Pink Lipstick Shade
Dusty pink is also referred as “mauve” colour. It has been a popular shade in lipsticks since 2015. We should give credit to Kylie Jenner for making this shade famous! She has some awesome dusty pink shades in her makeup line’s lipstick collections. These are some of the affordable dusty pink lipsticks from drugstore:
- Colorbar Kiss Proof Lip Stain Haute Latte
- Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Forever Mauve
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick Viper (pictured above)
Greige Lipstick Shade
Greige is a colour between beige and grey. It is a little tricky lipstick shade, but people with neutral and cool undertones can pull it off easily. Check out these shades of greige –
- MAC Stone (pictured above)
- LimeCrime Velvetine Cashmere
Soft Brown Lipstick Shade
Brown will always remain an evergreen lip shade! Women these days love to sport soft brown and pink toned brown lipsticks for everyday purpose. One can wear this shade to college or work, without worrying about looking OTT or anything like that! Check out these shades –
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick Beeper (pictured above)
- Revlon Matte Lipstick Fabulous Fig (reviewed here)
I hope you girls enjoyed reading this post. I am so tempted to buy all of these trendy lipstick shades I just listed out here! Let me know which one did you like the most by commenting below. Also share the post with your friends to update them with these latest lipstick trends for 2018!
I have tried purple and I love it! I still have to get the courage to wear burgundy 🙂 And greige, that’s a color I really want to try! Hope you have a nice weekend!
This season, I am into browns 😀 Soft browns or pink toned browns, especially Incolor Matte Me 415 🙂
Thank you for sharing. This is very useful and good information. I got more information from your site. Glad to see more post from you.
Loved the post Chutki <3 I am looking for a brick red (Ash in HDDCS) type shade. I guess MAC chili fits the bill.
Enjoyed the post and noted down some options too 😛
I have never tried purple/lavender shade lipstick. Any day you will see my wearing shades of pink! 🙂
I’m currently using a lot Elle 18 Matte Selfie Red Lipstick
Pure garnet Mary Poppins and Addis Ababa.. My favorites