Which skin care products do you apply first? How to layer skincare correctly? Which product should you give a try? Getting confused. Don’t worry. We are here for you. Here we discuss the complete fundamentals of the natural skin care routine using Herbcience. But before that let’s see what exactly HERBCIENCE is.
What is HERBCIENCE?
HERBCIENCE is the first Indian brand to create ‘100% natural and 100% safe’, beauty and wellness products for human welfare, the environment and future generations. The products are formulated by a team of Ayurvedic doctors, with a scientific approach coupled with deep herbal science knowledge and practice of ancient Ayurvedic recipes. These products are 100% Natural certified by ECOCERT- Cosmos Natural & 100% Safe compliant with Made Safe, USA, and are made with freshly extracted herbs and doesn’t have any side effects, unlike chemical products.
Steps for the Best Natural Skin Care Routine
A basic rule of thumb on how to layer skin care is to apply skincare products in the thinnest to thickest consistency. Products with the most important ingredients and antioxidants should penetrate the skin first, then move on to thicker products like moisturizers and oils.
A face cleanser should be the first step of your skincare routine. In the morning, use a gentle cleanser tailored to your skin type to remove the sweat/oil/water accumulated overnight on your face. Many people cleanse too much or too often or with cleansers that are too harsh, which break down your skin’s protective barrier. But try to use your cleanser according to your skin type.
- If you have an oily skin type, try to use a gel or foaming cleanser.
- If you have an acne-prone skin type, try using a gentle foaming cleanser with acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid and glycolic acid.
- For dry skin, people look for a cream or balm formula with hydrating ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid.
- And for sensitive skin texture try micellar water, an ultra-gentle cleanser.
Instead of using any kind of chemical cleaner you can use Revitalizing Pro-Collagen Face Wash by HERBCIENCE.
A toner is a water-based skin care liquid that is applied to dry skin after cleansing the face using fingers, a cotton ball, or a cloth. It is a great way to refresh the skin, remove residual debris and maintain pH balance.
Here are the ingredients you’ll want to look for based on your skin type:
- For acne-prone skin try to use a toner with hydroxy acids, including salicylic acid and lactic acid.
- For combination skin, try gentle exfoliants, hydration boosters and antioxidants like vitamin C, and vitamin E
- For dry or sensitive skin try out hydrating toner or mist or essence with ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid.
- For oily skin look for astringents, such as alcohols.
A serum designed for your skin concerns can treat and protect, delivering concentrated amounts of powerful ingredients that can address everything from skin concerns to dark spots. Some of the serums are best used in the morning, while others are ideal for nighttime.
- Vit C Serum, an antioxidant serum, is meant to be used in the morning skincare routine. It helps to reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots, acne-causing virus, and reverse sun damage.
- Peptides made of amino acids are the building blocks of collagen and can increase its production to smooth lines and improve skin firmness.
- Hyaluronic acid serum brings moisture into the skin, combats dryness and dullness, and softens the skin.
- Niacinamide: It is a form of vitamin B3 that brightens and evens skin tone, increases collagen production and calms inflammation.
Well-moisturized skin looks plump and healthy, and even oily skin types need to be moisturized. Using a moisturizer formulated for your skin type will help your skin retain its moisture and avoid dehydration.
- Oily or acne-prone skin:- Try Light lotions or gel-based formulas labelled “non-comedogenic” or “oil-free.”
- Dry skin: Try a thick cream packed with emollients, humectants, and ceramides.
- Sensitive skin:- Look for formulas that are free of potential irritants, such as fragrance and alcohol and also hypoallergenic.
If you are confused about which one you should buy, Try the Natural Glow Pro-Collagen Face Cream by HERBCIENCE, ideal for all skin types.
This step is a very important step for the morning skincare routine. If you plan to leave the house during the day, you must use sunscreen products. Always. Even if it is cloudy. No excuses.
There is no point in buying expensive face serum, and retinol for skin cream if you plan to step outside without sunscreen. Sunscreen helps to reduce the sun’s ability to damage your skin. Sun damage can cause wrinkles, skin discolouration, and possibly skin cancer.
There are two main types of sunscreen formulas:
- Physical sunscreens (a.k.a. mineral sunscreens) contain mineral ingredients like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which helps to reflect UV light off of skin.
- Chemical sunscreens are made with chemicals like avobenzone and homosalate, which absorb UV light that comes into contact with the skin.
Natural Skin Care Routine at Night
Since your skin naturally repairs itself at night, your nighttime routine should be to treat and give your skin what it needs. A night skin routine is a bit more intense than a morning one. A typical nighttime natural skincare routine will look relatively similar to the daytime routine with a few minor changes.
#1 Makeup Remover
Use micellar water, instead of Makeup wipes which is an oil, water combination remover that draws dirt out of your skin with these reusable pads. Use these pads gently around the eyes and face that remove all makeup.
Take your favourite cleanser and rub it all over your face. You can use Revitalizing Pro-Collagen Face Wash by HERBCIENCE too.
If you’ve chosen a toner, apply it as you would in the morning.
Nighttime is an ideal time to use products with ingredients that slough off dead skin cells or stimulate cell turnover while you sleep, such as glycolic acid or retinol.
#5 Eye Cream
Dab on your face serum or treatment or separate eye cream around your eyes.
#6 Night Cream
Moisturizing at night is especially important, as it creates a barrier that seals in the skin’s natural hydration and any active ingredients that prevent moisture loss that occurs while you sleep. The night cream contains active ingredients that help improve the skin in addition to adding extra moisture.
Overall above-mentioned natural skin care routine can keep your skin clear if you follow it everyday morning and at night. If your skin is more sensitive, you’ll want to take extra care with what you put on your skin. And, use natural products that neither harm your body nor the environment. Try HERBCIENCE. Go Natural!