I hate taking swatch pictures when I have short nails. But I had to make an exception this time because I wanted to show you all this new beauty from Nykaa!
Nykaa’s recent mega sale was much hyped on Social Media. Although the sale was a total disappointment, I loved to see the exiting new launches by their in house brand Nykaa Cosmetics. They have launched new foundations in panstick form, “toothbrush” style makeup brushes, makeup sponges and a whole range of affordable gel based nail lacquers that don’t require a UV lamp to dry! Today, I am going to share my review and swatches of one of the shades from this Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer range which is called Vegas Roadtrip. So if you are interested in knowing more about it and see its swatches, then keep on scrolling! And please don’t mind my short nails, I chopped them last month and they have not been growing anymore since then. Ugh the struggle is real!
Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer Vegas Roadtrip
Meet our Game Changer! Nykaa is debuting with its Salon Gel Shine Pro Nail Lacquer Collection that will absolutely change the way you look at gel nails. This ground-breaking formula looks and lasts like a gel but doesn’t require a UV lamp or damaging removal process. Does it get any better than this? Oh yes! This 2-coat gel formula is long-lasting, no chip and ridiculously shiny!
How does it work you ask?
- This formula is enriched with light-reflecting pigments that deliver intense shine on application.
- No UV lamp needed, Sun rays will do the job! Yes, you heard it right, this breakthrough formula hardens when exposed to sun to give you a hi-shine effect.
- Each layer is formulated to work well with the underneath layer, to give you a strong bond and seamless texture.
- In the first coat, you get an opaque finish and intense color that dries in a jiffy.
- On the application of the second coat, you get a plumping gel finish that lasts days and days
- This formula is designed to air-dry quickly on its own. All you have to do, is just apply each coat, wait for two minutes and apply the next. So easy!
(Source – Nykaa)
Price – Rs.325/- | Quantity – 15ml | Availability – Available on Nykaa
My Take On Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer Vegas Roadtrip
The packaging of the new Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquers resembles that of the Lakme Gel Nail Stylist range and also, O.P.I nail paints. I will not talk much about its packaging, it is just a nail lacquer duh. But it is quite nice. The brush of this lacquer is flat and has sharp edges. It applies the lacquer precisely. My mom was asking me for a deep red/burgundy nail polish from a long time as she applies only such shades on her nails. So I chose this shade, Vegas Roadtrip especially for my mom. But I am also rocking this shade at the moment because I enjoy wearing dark coloured nail lacquers all the time.
Vegas Roadtrip is a deep Burgundy nail lacquer shade with slight berry undertones. I saw the swatch of Vegas Roadtrip on my favourite blogger, Corallista’s Instagram page and immediately placed an order for it because I was sure that my mom is going to like this shade the best and yes, she actually loved it a lot! Along with this, I got a free gift pouch from Nykaa as it is my birthday on the 29th of this month (weeee). They give a birthday gift to Nykaa Prive members when the member shops for anything during their birthday month. I will feature that cute pouch in some other post of mine, planning to use it as a travel makeup pouch! Now it’s time for the swatches..
Swatches of Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer Vegas Roadtrip
I have applied only two coats of this beauty on my nails. It becomes opaque in a single coat, but it does not look as shiny as it looks with two coats. It claims to provide a plumping gel finish and it truly lives up to this claim. The proof is in front of us.. It looks so glossy, smooth and plump in the swatch pictures, doesn’t it?
Due to its highly pigmented and streak free formula, its application is really easy peasy lemon squeazy. I have this lacquer on my nails from last Monday. So far, it has chipped on the spot where I cracked my nail day before yesterday and a little on the tips. It can last for up to 6-7 days easily, even if you use your hands to work a lot, but it may chip from the tips which is very common. I have applied this gorgeous shade on my toe nails as well, pretty sure it is going to last for another 84 years on them. ?
Previously, I have tried gel based nail polishes from DeBelle which have the same concept as the Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquers. I am not going to compare them because their quality and finish is the same, just the price point is different. The DeBelle Gel Nail Lacquers are priced at Rs.295 and sometimes even cheaper than that with discounts, while Nykaa ones are of Rs.325/- each. The price point of the Nykaa lacquer range is justifiable as the lacquers are of 15ml. That means, they will last you for really really long.
You might get bored of using the same shade on your nails again and again, before even going halfway through the bottle! ? That is why, they have launched 24 unique gel nail colors in this range. I am planning to buy more of them, but first I will try to finish or giveaway the polishes that I already own and make space for new ones.
What I liked about Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer Vegas Roadtrip
- This range is available in 24 trendy colours. There is a shade for everyone!
- Comes in great quantity. Usually, nail lacquer contain 8-9ml of the product while this one contains 15ml.
- Price is justifiable for the quality and the quantity, though it may not be affordable for all. I would still recommend this (or the DeBelle gel nail lacuqers range) over other popular nail lacquers. It is better to own a good quality, long lasting nail lacquer instead of owning 10 cheap ones.
- Dries super quickly. The brand has mentioned that it hardens only when it is exposed to sun rays, but in reality, it does not require sun rays at all! I applied the lacquer in the evening and air dried it. To my surprise, it dried faster than all the previous nykaa nail lacquers I have tried till now.
- Getting a salon like gel manicure finish is like a child’s play with this lacquer. It looks even more glossy and rich in real life than it looks in the pictures.
- It is highly pigmented. One coat is enough for an opaque finish, but it is better to apply two coats to make it more glossy and long lasting.
Nykaa Salon Shine Gel Nail Lacquer Vegas Roadtrip
Wish I could give it more than 5/5 stars! Will highly recommend this product by Nykaa.
Which shade are you planning to try from this range? Comment below! And also, please do let me know how did you like these pictures! I took them early in the morning when the sun was really bright. ?