I have a problem.. a problem that probably all the beauty bloggers face.
..or maybe it is just me, I don’t know.
Not trying to keep any suspense here.. My problem is, I cannot repurchase a beauty product.
I just cannot.
Even if I love that particular product, I feel like trying out a different one always – as soon as the one I am currently using is over.
Reason? By doing so, I get to experiment with a whole new product which I can later review on my blog for my readers, that is like hitting two birds with one stone!
Although – I will strictly not suggest my readers to do this. If the products that you are currently using are working for you, then you should stick to them for as long as you can. If they are not, then you can definitely consider trying out new ones.
I am saying all these things because I recently tried a moisturizer that I liked a lot for my skin (I am talking about the Plum Mattifying Green Tea Moisturizer), but I didn’t repurchase it once it got over because I was eyeing this L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion. It has quite a long name for a moisturizer, but anyway, its packaging and ingredients list was so tempting that I had to try it.
Before I started using it, I had posted its picture on Instagram, asking if anyone is interested in its review and a lot of people said yes. So here it is, a product review on my blog after a really long time! Keep on reading to know if I made the right choice by trying out this unique “hydrafresh moisturizer” by L’Oreal Paris.
L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion
Keep your skin hydrated and moisturised all day long with L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion. An intensely hydrating facial emulsion, it keeps your skin soft and supple.The formula is enriched with pure spa water that provides essential minerals to stimulate the skin’s self moisturizing properties.
- Features a lightweight watery texture that penetrates quickly into skin
- Contains a powerful anti-oxidant French Grape Polyphenols
- Helps neutralize free radicals caused by daily aggressions
- Enriched with Double Hyaluronic Acid to boost hydration level
- French spa water that strengthens skins’ moisture barrier
- Skin appears softer, smoother, brighter, more elastic & refreshed
- Ideal for normal to dry skin
L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion Ingredients
(Not the best quality picture, sorry. Please zoom in a bit.)
My Take On L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion
The packaging of L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion is worth appreciating because it is very luxurious looking and sturdy. It is a glass tub so I would not call it travel friendly, but I liked it since it looks like as if it is some high end brand’s product. There is not anything much mentioned on the tub packaging other than the name of the moisturizer, usage instructions and the MFG/Expiry details. The brand’s logo, L’Oreal Paris, is embossed on the tub’s cap.
I was planning to try the Anti-Shine Icy Gel Moisturizer from the same, L’Oreal Hydrafresh range. But since my skin has been extremely dehydrated and dry on a few areas of my face, I decided to go for the Supreme Emulsion variant as it seemed to be more hydrating and moisturizing than the former.
I wanted to get the Hydrafresh Boosting Essence along with this moisturizer, but my budget didn’t allow me to buy it. Maybe I will buy it later someday. All the products from Hydrafresh range are on my wish list for so long. There is also a night cream from the same range that looks really interesting, let me know if you guys want me to try it next.
For now, let us take a look at this L’Oreal Hydrafresh supreme emulsion. So what is an emulsion and how is it different from a regular face moisturizer?
Emulsion is a popular term in K-beauty world. An emulsion is a lightweight version of regular moisturizers and it is generally water based. You can either call it a gel / water based moisturizer or an oil free one. It is generally meant to be used by people with normal, combination or oily skin type. I have a combination skin type all around the year so such moisturizers work really well on me. Also, I tend to sweat a lot on my T-zone area and that is why I don’t prefer to buy oil based moisturizers anymore.
The L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion has aqua (water) as its main ingredient. This product also contains Double Hyaluronic Acid which is a humectant, I have written a whole post about this wonderful ingredient which you can read here. When I apply this product, I feel like I am splashing fresh, cold water on my skin. It feels lightweight, cooling and hydrating. I will refer its consistency as bouncy and watery. The moisturizer gets absorbed into the skin easily with a light massage. It keeps my skin oil free for 3-4 hours which is OK. Had a similar experience with the Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer.
Initially, my idea was to store this moisturizer in the refrigerator as it would have made the product even more soothing and calming. Later, I changed my mind because I am so lazy and I need to keep my skincare products in front of my eyes all the time, otherwise, I can forget to use them. ? If any of you guys have this product then do try this idea and share the outcome with me!
Lastly, I wanted to talk about the fragrance of this L’Oreal hydrafresh moisturizer which is somewhere between pleasing and overpowering. It depends on you, whether you are OK with moderately strong fragrance in your moisturizers or not. I like it and I believe others will like it too. There is another issue with this product which I have briefly mentioned in the dislikes section.
In past, I have reviewed the L’Oreal Skin Perfect Age 20+ Day Cream on the blog. I didn’t have a good experience with it and you will know why if you check out my review post. I will recommend the hydrafresh supreme emulsion any day over that one.
What I liked about L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion
- Deeply hydrates the skin.
- Smells great.
- It contains hyaluronic acid – an ingredient that restores the moisture to the skin and makes the skin look glowy as well as youthful. It is a must have ingredient in all moisturizers and serums.
- Feels lightweight and soothing on the skin as if you are just slapping water on your face!
- Price range is okayish because you can get it with great discounts on Nykaa and Amazon India, like I did.
- Packaging is luxurious, though it is not travel friendly. This can be a problem to some, but not to me because I don’t travel much. 😛 #Sorry
- It will suit normal and oily skin type well. People with dry skin can use it as a daytime moisturizer, make sure to put on a sunscreen after it because it does not contain SPF.
- Does not clog pores.
What I didn’t like about L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supreme Emulsion
- It leaves a weird “film” on the skin which is kind of irritating and I don’t know why it happens. The moisturizer gets absorbed in a jiffy and makes the skin feel soft, but after a few minutes of application, a sticky/slippery film somehow appears on the skin which you can feel only if you touch your skin. I hope I am making sense because it is hard to explain this. Something similar used to happen with the Himalaya Oil Free Radiance Gel that I tried last year, but it was worse than this one as it used to crumble up. This issue can be ignored easily because it does not hamper with the amount of hydration and moisturization this emulsion provides. I am still going to cut points for this.
Try it for the hyaluronic acid! It is a great ingredient and you will fall in love with its properties once you will get to know about it.