Rakshabandhan Mehndi Designs 2022: This year’s Rakshabandhan festival is going to be extra special for all of us because after two daunting years of the COVID-19 pandemic, the festive cheer is finally back! I hope all you sisters out there are going to get to visit your brothers this time to celebrate the joyous occasion of Rakshabandhan together. The festival of Rakhi is falling on 11th of August this year and we are here with tons of rakshabandhan mehndi designs inspirations for you that are trending in 2022!
Let’s get started with the post and take a look at some exciting rakshabandhan mehndi designs that you can adorn your palms with!
35+ Rakshabandhan Mehndi Designs 2022 – Images & Videos
1. Rakshabandhan Mehendi Design for both hands
2. Leafy back of the hand mehendi design
3. Front hand mehndi design with leaves
4. Traditional rakhi henna design
5. Full palm mehandi design for rakshabandhan
6. Black henna mehndi design for rakshabandhan
7. Half hand mehndi design
8. Long mehndi design
9. Easy diagonal mehndi design for rakhi
10. Leaves & floral mehndi design
Significance of Rakshabandhan Festival
We all know that the rakshabandhan festival is all about the special bond between brothers and sisters. When a sister ties rakhi band on her brother’s wrist, her brother takes a pledge to protect her from all the evils in the world. But did you know how this festival came into existence?
Well there are many theories surrounding this festival. One of the most popular stories that talks about the origin of Rakshabandhan festival is from Mahabharata – the encounter between Lord Krishna and Draupadi. As per an article on NDTV “In Mahabharata, Lord Krishna once cut his finger which then started bleeding. Seeing this Draupadi then tore a piece of cloth from her saree and tied it on his finger to stop the bleeding. The piece of cloth then became a sacred thread”.
11. Simple mandala mehandi design
12. Minimal floral mehendi design for rakshabandhan
13. Quick mehndi design for rakhi
14. Roses henna design
15. Abstract peacock mehndi design
16. Half moon mehndi design
17. Traditional peacocks mehndi design
18. Inverse mehndi design with peacock
19. Inverted mehndi design inspiration
20. Leaves henna design on back of hand
How To Make The Festival of Rakshabandhan more special?
Dressing up in your traditional ensembles and tying rakhi on your brother’s wrist is not the only way to enjoy Rakshabandhan! There are many fun activities you can plan with your siblings for this special day, for example – a movie night, an indoor games session, YouTube inspired challenges. Or if you all are crafty, you can create meaningful arts together like the one below!
You can also purchase board games, or indoor games like air hockey well in advance to play with your siblings when you get together! Getting the latest X-box for your brother may sound far fetched, but that’s also a cool idea!
21. Intricate mehndi design
22. Simple mandala henna design
23. Mandala mehndi design
24. Mughal motifs inspired mehendi design
25. Latest Arabic mehendi design
26. Trending Arabic mehendi design
You can also check out more designs on our Mehndi Designs page!
27. Glove style mehendi design
28. Mughal motifs henna design back of hand
29. Bold mehndi design
30. Trendy Rose mehndi design
31. Spaced out mehndi design arabic style
32. Beautiful mandala mehndi design
33. Gorgeous Mehndi Design on back of hand
34. Simple and Attractive Arabic Mehndi Design
35. Stylish Mehndi Design Video Tutorial for Rakshabandhan
Follow me on Pinterest at @iamdiptitiwari for more Mehndi Design inspirations + latest trends on Indian fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and much more!