Dressing up to the nines is the favourite part of a festival for any Indian woman! We have a ton of festivals (= a ton of opportunities to dress-up!) ahead of us in the coming months, the first one being Rakshabandhan which is falling on the 15th of August. So have you picked out a rakhi outfit for yourself yet? Nope? Don’t worry – we are here to your rescue! Take a look at our curated list of 8 last minute rakshabandhan outfit ideas that you can put together with the ensembles you probably already have in your wardrobe!
8 Last Minute Rakshabandhan Outfit Ideas 
1. White Shirt With A Lehenga SkirtDitch the heavy blouse or choli that came with your fav lehenga skirt and team it up with a plain white shirt for that fusion look! You can accessorize this outfit with a statement necklace and a statement ring.
2. Maxi Dress With Oxidized Silver Bangles
Take inspiration from ever so gorgeous Rani Mukherjee for styling a simple maxi dress with statement oxidized silver bangles to amp up its oomph factor! This kind of statement jewellery is easily available these days in offline stores and on Instagram stores. So if you don’t already have them in your jewellery collection, go on a shopping spree because rakshabandhan is just a couple of days away!
3. Contemporary Salwar SuitLove wearing ethnic dresses, but want to switch to something more contemporary for the occasion of rakshabandhan? Take a look at this total stunner from designer LAXMISHRIALI!
You can style any of your pleated silk dresses like this one with a matching scarf and get a similar look! For the bottoms, you can either go with matching leggings or golden churidar!
4. Gota Patti Suit With Royal Vibes
Gota patti is a traditional Indian embroidery work that originated in the land of kings – Rajasthan. It has an exquisite royal appeal to it that makes just any ensemble 10 times more gorgeous! Flaunt this glimmering gota patti work suit in majestic green colour paired with a contrasting red bandhni dupatta that adds to the look. Grab this beauty now from Anchi Jaipur.
5. Plain Salwar Kameez With BREATHTAKING DupattaThis extravagant red georgette dupatta by brand Masakalee has breathtakingly beautiful meena zari bandhani work. You can repurpose your old plain salwar suit for this occasion just by teaming it up with a fanciful dupatta like this one and enhance its beauty. The dupatta will totally steal the show!
Also check out the most exquisite Rakshabandhan Mehndi design inspirations to adorn your hands with!
6. Saree With An Out-of-the-box Kinda BlouseBorrow a saree from your mom’s closet and team it up with your crop top or a bell sleeved top. Stealing a saree from mommy’s closet when you don’t have any other option always helps – speaking from my personal experience!
7. Cape Style Blazer With A Solid SareeGot a cape style blazer laying in your winter wardrobe? It is time to take it out for your last-minute rakshabandhan special fusion look! Team up your blazer with a solid saree and a satlada or a rani haar, just like fashion influencer Komal Pandey in the picture above! You can also reuse your old denim jacket with a saree and take your saree game to the next level.
8. Kurti As A DressFed up of pairing your kurtis in the usual ways – with boring leggings or churidars? How about wearing one as a dress for this rakshabandhan! If you have picked a plain cotton kurti for this kind of rakshabandhan look, then go with a dramatic makeup look and heavy accessories to balance it out.
Share these unique last minute rakshabandhan outfit ideas with your sisters and besties on social media! Let us know which rakhi outfit idea you liked the best in the comments below.
*main image source – @shereenlovebug