Hey all! My today’s post is dedicated to Women’s safety, and especially for the safety of Indian women. In the last few years, the crimes against women in india have increased so much that it makes women feel unsafe everytime they go out of the house alone.
The thought of going out alone makes us women uncomfortable to an extent. But at the end of the day, we women are also human beings and hence, we too have rights to live our life to the fullest without worrying about being a victim of a crime.
Here are some smart safety tips for today’s smart women which can help you step out of your house without being worried about your safety!
Self defense classes
I feel that there should be free self defence classes facilities in every city throughout the country. If you have one near your place then do take out some time to join it and at least learn the basics. You can also look for self defense related videos on YouTube, that would be very helpful too.
VithU app is an initiative by Channel V which helps you in emergency situations. You just have to press the power button of your smartphone twice and it will send a SMS which would say “I am in danger. I need help. Please follow my location.” With your location (you have to keep your GPS on) to 3 of your contacts (you can configure them in the app).
You have to keep the app running in the background for it to work. The app is user friendly and it is of 2 MB only. Also, it has crossed over 10 Lac downloads on Google play Store. VithU app is available for all Android and iOS devices. Please make sure that the app is running in background and you have configured numbers properly!
Download VithU app for Android from HERE
It’s just like VithU app, the only difference is it has some additional features like Fake call.
Download bSafe app for Android from HERE
Download Scream alarm app
I haven’t used it yet, but I have read about it. When you push the alarm button, your phone will scream-its-lungs out (not literally, because phones don’t have lungs. They run on batteries) and it will alert the people around you. The attacker may get threatened by it and run away from you.
Download ScreamAlarm app for Android from HERE
Fake a call
Take out your phone and just pretend that you are talking to someone about your location. If you’re able to make *real* calls then do it, otherwise just pretend you’re on call. You may not get this chance if the attacker is holding you or close enough to you, but you can use this trick when you feel that you may get attacked by the person besides you in a lift or a lonely place.
Know about men’s pressure points before you attack
I think everyone knows which body part hurts the most, keep it in mind and hit on the most sensitive body parts like nose, throat, chin, stomach or the area between legs . if you are not able to move your hands then use your knees or jaw. Attack his eyes before anything else.
Let someone know about your location and plans
Always tell at least one of your friends or family about where you are about to go and when will you return. Keep them notified about your whereabouts.
Keep a bottle of pepper spray in your
You can buy it at Amazon from HERE
If you don’t want to keep spray then just keep a small packet of chilly powder. I think even normal perfume/deo spray can irritate attacker’s eyes, you can use them too. I recommend these steps to business men or to those people who deal with money on day to day basis like agents or bankers, They are also prone to getting attacked for robbery.
Buy a keychain with an alarm
there must be many available in market. You can buy it at Amazon from HERE.
Keep a Swiss knife in your purse
Don’t attack, just threaten with it. You can buy portable knife at Amazon from here.
Strangle the attacker
You can use your Scarf, Dupatta or your bags’ straps to drag the attacker from his neck.
Never ignore your gut feeling
If you are feeling unsafe or uncomfortable around someone then try to go out of the situation.
Don’t be afraid to attack
Check this Wikipedia page to know about rights of self defense.
Bored? Or you’ve just managed to get some time out of your busy life but now you have nothing to do? Here are some stuffs you can do when you have free time or if you’re bored!
1. Give priorities to your hobbies first.
2. Make a list of pending works you’ve been skipping from long, I’m sure you will find many and then you will have No free time left for anything else!
3. Listen to your favorite music it’s the best pass time!
4. Read a book of your choice, or go to a library to find many options to go through.
5. Pamper yourself – that’s the thing which you forget to do in your busy life. So if you’re free, spend the time caring about yourself or just relax. Take a hot shower, Go to a spa, etc.
6. Plan your upcoming days or weeks.
7. Start writing a diary.
8. Read journals online.
9. Write short stories. Take your pen and paper out and start writing whatever comes in your mind.
|Photo credits – My sister ♥|
10. Go for a ride, just take your car keys out and go on a long drive, preferably to a location you have never visited before. Going on a bike ride is more fun!
11. Most important one, spend time with your family or friends. If they’re not around you then just phone them, Skype is even better. 🙂 I’m sure you will feel relieved after talking to them.Talk to those friends you’ve not met from long, your childhood/school friends. If you aren’t talking to someone or are mad on them, it’s time to forgive and forget. Think about it. 🙂
12. Clean your room. (or the whole house!!)
13. If you love gardening, go for it. Plant some new seeds or water the old ones.
14. Play online games, there are bunch of them!
15. Watch a movie.
16. Search DIYs on Google and work on some of them.
17. Cook some dry snacks which can be stored for long.
18. Visit your neighbors.
19. Read random pages on Facebook, it’s filled with confession pages these days. Search for your area,school or college’s confession page. I’m sure there must be one.
20. Spend time with your pets. Take your dog for a walk.
21. Start writing a blog. 😉
22. Go to church/temple/mosque.
23. Learn recipes online or from cookery shows.
24. Hangout with your friends, call them to your home and arrange a party!
25. Knitting/sewing, my favorite thing! Try it.
26. Watch news, it helps you stay updated with stuff happening around you. You don’t get a chance to watch it during busy times.
27. Watch your favorite game, or read about the previous matches you missed.
28. Surf YouTube, there are so many channels on YouTube which can kill your boredom. I like the funny ones like whatever.
29. Make a scrapbook.
30. Remodel your house.
31. Go for shopping. 😉
32. Do some online shopping.
33. Make monthly budget plans.
35. Join a chat room online.
36. Read fashion magazines to know about latest fashion trends, don’t forget about Google news stand.
37. Browse your old photos and re-live the memories.
38. Photoshop / Picsart, you can work on them to pass your time. Make wallpapers for your desktop / smartphone or just make collages of your Last trip. You can even join weekly contests on PicsArt.
40. Make birthday presents for upcoming birthdays of your friends/family. It’s good to stay prepared for special occasions. 🙂
41. Make YouTube videos according to your likes. If you love makeup, be a makeup guru! Love cooking? Then make recipe videos of your favorite food!
42. Browse Google+ communities or twitter hashtags, they’re fun!
43. How can I forget Wikipedia? Read random articles on Wiki and gain some knowledge!
44. Check your mails!
45. Join new social networking sites and make friends.
46. Make surprise gift for your partner and parents, I’m sure They will be Happy!
47. Search for memes on Google and have a good time laughing!
48. Search your name on Google, it’s weird but I love doing it!
49. Go for clubbing!
50. Read all my articles written on this blog. Well you thought I would not write this point? 😉