A New Year party is a time to pull out all stops and really push the envelope on stunning makeup ideas. Are you ready?
It’s less than 15 days for the New Year parties to begin. That’s less than 15 days to get the clothes ready, the accessories sorted and the venue shortlisted.
While we can’t help you with the rest, we’ve got one thing chalked out – the makeup. Whether you’re someone who likes simple makeup for party evenings, or you really like to jazz things up, we’ve got something here for you.
Check out these 10 fantastic New Year’s Eve makeup looks:
#1 Emerge from the dark shadow
A punk-meets-rock look, you can totally pull it off, young woman. Heads will turn when you walk past all those people you pretend to like.
- Apply dark navy blue eye shadow to the inner corners of your eyelids.
- Sweep it out to create a smudgy effect.
- Go all out on the mascara.
- This is one look that you won’t worry about smudging any further.
#2 Get the ‘Holy Smokes’ eyes
If you don’t want the grunge look, you can turn on the sophistication a little.
- Create a smoky look using shades of black and grey.
- Using a thin brush, apply a fine line of luminous blue along your lower and upper lash line.
#3 Cat eyes that glitter
Take the smoky look a step further with a surprising twist: black glitter. Good or bad, they will be talking about you for a long time. Now, how is that bad again?
You can also use dark black liner to create a sharp cat eye. Meowww!
#4 The girl with the golden lids
If dark isn’t your cup of tea, may I interest you in gilded eyelids?
- Apply a thin layer of cream eye shadow on your eyelid and into the crease.
- Next, layer on a sheer, shimmering gold shadow over it.
- Also give a hint of gold to the lower inner corner of your eyes.
- Finish off with dark brown mascara.
#5 Sequins, anyone
Create a design, and a buzz, by embellishing your eyelids with glittering sequins. It’s a party, isn’t it?
Also, check out these stunning party hairstyles for medium hair that every party goer this season should explore!
#6 Shimmering siren
Why limit the fun to your eyelids alone? Let your lashes have some fun too.
- Stick some silicone beads to false eyelashes.
- Dust them with silver powder.
- Attach the lashes for a dramatic, bold look. (we want to see pictures, if you try this one!)
#7 Strobe those cheeks
Strobing is a makeup technique where you highlight your best feature. Get those heads swivelling when you walk in looking like a million bucks.
- Minimal makeup post the strobing.
- But with a gorgeous lipstick shade.
- And shimmering eye shadow!
#8 Fresh and dewy
If it’s just a small get-together with friends and you want to keep it simple, try this party makeup at home.
- A tinted moisturiser (minimalistic doesn’t mean boring),
- Pink blush,
- White eyeliner,
- And clear lip gloss!
#9 Begging-to-be-kissed red
Yes, you will kiss when the ball drops, but how will you manage the line of admirers?
No party makeup is complete without lip colour. Make the ultimate bold statement this New Year with a glorious red pout. A New Year comes around once a year, ladies.
If you don’t need a prop to stand out, try a rich plum or grape shade.
#10 In gold we trust
Golden lips will make noise. They will excite and cause women to peer over their man’s shoulder to get a glimpse of the diva who carries them off so effortlessly.
So, which of these party makeup tips are you planning to flaunt this year? Just remember to clean your face of all makeup before you sleep. I use Olay which removes makeup without removing natural oils from my skin