Want to impress your “special someone” with your culinary skills, but cannot decide what to make for the date night? Well, you are at the right place!
With this post, we are sharing 3 easy, delish and the best recipes to supersize your date night. They would make you both feel glad about ditching the typical romantic-candlelight-dinner-at-a-fancy-restaurant date! So get your apron and get cooking these mouthwatering dishes!
3 Best Recipes to Supersize Your Date
1. Greek Salad
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes;
- 200 g of ripe cherry tomatoes;
- 1 medium peeled onion;
- 1 cucumber;
- 1 handful of fresh dill;
- 1 green pepper;
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves;
- 1 large handful of black pitted black olives;
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar;
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- sea salt;
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano;
- 200 g of feta cheese.
Greek salad recipe for dinner:
- Cut the medium tomato into small slices, and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put all the tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the onion into thin strips and add the onions to the tomatoes.
- Cut the cucumber into thick slices.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper, cut it into rings, and add them to the salad along with the cucumber.
- Finely chop the dill and most of the mint leaves. Put the chopped greens in a bowl of salad, squeeze the olives so as to squeeze the remaining liquid out of them, then put them in the salad too.
- Add a pinch of salt, red vinegar, and olive oil. Quickly mix everything with your hands.
- Let the salad chill for about a minute so that the vegetables absorb additional flavors and aromas.
- Put a large piece of feta cheese and some olives on top.
- To add an extra flavor, Sprinkle the salad with oregano and mint leaves, drizzle with olive oil.
If you don’t have a partner to enjoy this fine dish with, then be sure to check out this great dating website that shows its users to meet girls online. Don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Also Read: How To Save Money On Food While Travelling
2. Classic Italian Meatballs
- 500 g of ground beef;
- 40 g of ground crackers and a little bit for breading(breadcrumbs);
- 30 grams of grated cheese;
- 175 ml of milk;
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil;
- 800 g of canned tomatoes;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 2 garlic cloves (finely grated);
- 1/2 of a spring of parsley (finely chopped);
- 1 tsp dried oregano;
- 2 eggs;
- a pinch of chili.
The recipe for making meatballs for dinner:
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs – minced meat, crackers, grated cheese, milk, garlic, parsley, oregano, eggs, and chili pepper.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the minced meat into small pieces of 45 g each and roll the balls out of them. They should not be too dense. Then you should roll the meatballs in breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Warm the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs on it until you see a fine crust forming.
- Transfer to a baking tray, add canned tomatoes, add olive oil, salt and bay leaves.
- Bake for 30 minutes, pour the sauce over meatballs around every 10 minutes. Serve with grated cheese.
Similar to Italian meatballs, there is a dish called Swedish meatballs and they are equally delicious, you should definitely give them a try. They are served with very creamy plus rich gravy and packed with lovely aromas and flavors. Here is an amazing article on how to make them at home.
3. Chicken Breasts with Vegetables
- 850 g of potatoes;
- 3 onions;
- olive oil;
- 1 chicken bouillon cube;
- ½ of a spring of fresh basil;
- 110 ml of cream;
- 30 g Parmesan cheese;
- 4 chicken breasts, around 120 g each;
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary;
- 2 bacon slices;
- 200 g leeks;
- 200 g of spinach;
- 200 g of frozen peas.
The recipe for cooking chicken breast with steamed vegetables and potato casserole for dinner:
- Preheat your oven and leave some water to boil.
- Cut the potatoes, cover them with boiling water and leave them to boil under the lid for 9 min.
- Peel the onions and chop them just like potatoes.
- Fry your onions in olive oil with some salt, pepper, and bouillon cube. If the onions start sticking to the pan, add some water.
- Put the chicken on a sheet of baking paper, rub it with salt, pepper and then add some rosemary to prepare your chicken breasts.
- Fry the chicken in a pan with 1 tbsp. of oil for 5 minutes. Don’t forget to flip the chicken breasts every now and then.
- Drain the potatoes, add your onions, mix, and place them on the baking dish.
- Pour cream, add some cheese and put the dish in the oven.
- Cut leeks lengthwise, rinse and chop them. Simmer with 1 spoon of olive oil while constantly stirring.
- Get your bacon, cut it and add it to the breasts, let it fry for a bit.
- Add spinach and peas to leeks and simmer until peas are soft.
- Put the breasts on the “pillow” of vegetables and serve with potato casserole.
Which of these date night recipes did you like the best? Comment down below!