Hello readers, hope you all are doing well! It was my 18th birthday on 29th October. Many thanks to everyone who wished me via Instagram. ? I have already uploaded most of the pics from my birthday trip (to Buka Dam, Chhattisgarh) on my Instagram and Facebook account, I am sharing them here for my blog readers.
There are so many beautiful places in Chhattisgarh that are full of serenity. I am lucky enough to be born in this state. My parents are basically from another state of India, but my dad moved here in Korba a long time ago. Just like my parents, I too want to spend the rest of my life in this state. Moreover, My wish, as a blogger and as a nature lover, is to show the beauty of Chhattisgarh to the world. So whenever I travel next, I will make sure to click tons of pictures and learn about the place’s history to share them with you guys over here. ? For now, let’s take a look at this serene place called Buka or Buka Dam…
This place is called Buka which is actually a reservoir of Bango Dam (Hasdeo river) and it has a catchment of approx 6700 kms. People refer this place as “Mauritius of Chhattisgarh”. It is a very quiet and peaceful place as it is situated in the middle of jungles. The weather was not on our side when we went there. Hence, the pictures are a bit hazy. I am definitely going to visit this place again in the future, it is about 02:15 hours away from my home. In the same area, There is another place worth seeing called Kendai Waterfall and it is only 15 minutes away from Buka. So if you are planning to visit Buka, do not miss visiting Kendai Waterfall.
This picture was clicked on the way to Buka. It is a typical Chhattisgarh-street scene. The smoke is coming out of sigri (stove) which the people living in villages of Chhattisgarh use to cook their food. They prepare their dinner before the dusk since a lot of villages still don’t have proper electricity.
Turkey birds at Buka.
You can reserve a room at Buka guest house in advance through Katghora Forest Department in advance. It is right in front of the water reservoir and you can enjoy a pleasant view from your window while you are staying there! ? You can also go for boating before the dusk. The water is pretty clean and it looks tranquil! For people who love to explore environment related things, there is this building besides the reservoir called Buka Environmental Research Center which looks like a glass house from outside. Sadly, I didn’t get a chance to go inside it as we were getting really late. I wish to explore it next time we go there.
I would definitely recommend this place to all you people out there who are fond of natural attractions! You will LOVE this place if you –
- Enjoy greenery and water reservoirs.
- Need a rejuvenating holiday in a peaceful place.
- Want to enjoy a lovely boat ride with your close ones.
- Want to visit the environmental research center and learn about our environment.
On the other hand, there are a couple of things you may not like about Buka –
- The place does not have any eateries at all. You will have to bring food / drinks / snacks from your home or get it packet from the nearest restaurant. My favourite one is a small restaurant called Murli which is in Katghora, but keep in mind that it is kind of far from Buka.
- The route to Buka is dangerous because it is narrow and the roads have many potholes. A car / bus ride would be the safest option.
- The whole area is very isolated and only a handful of people live there. This makes the place dangerous, but peaceful at the same time! ?
Do you look forward to see more Chhattisgarh / travel related posts from me? Please let me know by commenting below. ❤ Follow me on Instagram and like my page on Facebook to get regular updates from me!